"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-22-2006, 07:30 AM   #1
Senior Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to FraidKnot
Smile Vintage BLING!

My LLL (long lost love) John years just left after a visit for a few days yesterday. He was up in his mom's house in Rochester and he brought back tons of costume jewelry. He brought in boxes and boxes and boxes of this stuff for me to pick through. OMG Brooches (love them!) necklaces, earrings (remember the screw-ons from the 1940's) I'm wearing a moonstone choker and bracelet at the moment. I'm sooooo drowning in vintage pretty stuff. Love it!

But I love him more! He gave me some pretty kitty paintings that he did back in the 1960's. Wish I knew how to insert a photo here; it's not on a web site. And I have some of his baby pictures Awww, he was a cute little boy.

RE: Food... We had scrambled eggs, bacon, southern style biscuits with sausage & cream gravy and home fries. YUM!

Fraidy

Old 12-22-2006, 09:28 AM   #2
Master Chef

I'm envious..............I absolutely love vintage jewelry.....especially the broaches, jet black jewelry and austrailian crystal.