Vintage Photo Old Car What Is It?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
StirBlue, I'm pretty sure it is a family car, it's in too many photographs. Right now I am scanning an album of my great aunts, that's her in the second photo. I've got one photo of about 15 kids crawlling all over it!!

Take a look at this 1919 Buick; it has the rounded hood, same sideboards, etc.
img_444330_0_b88fb22c692e458236706d303e18ee24.jpg

Here is a 1923 Durant A-22; body looks very much closer. I am trying to get a betterlook at the emblem.
img_444336_0_96d95e78df05845efedc538adcc256d4.jpg

I think I found the right emblem!!!! this is from a 1921 Studebaker, it was changed a bit later.
img_444342_0_d0234d438aa5ff5ff0e0744644004169.jpg

I'm checking out the Studebakers' emblem. This one pictured has white letters on a black background. My emblem is not very clear.

I'm thinking someone out there is slapping themselves up side the head, saying, you fools, it's a -------! We can't hear you! Just log on and enlighten us:LOL:

I just looked at the logo with a magnifying glass, and it is a circle, or a slight oval, with a black background and a white banner, rather wide, crossing the circle at an angle. There may be black lettering on the white banner. The circle/oval is rimmed in white.

I haven't given up on Studebaker yet. I think they were made in Indiana.

Last edited:
This might be a long shot, but have you considered sending an email to Jay Leno. He's a car aficionado and might be able to shed some light on your search or at least point you in a fruitful direction.

Last edited:
I just showed the picture to my 85 year old uncle--in the car biz since his teens--and he thinks the emblem is early Chevrolet, but he couldn't place the model.

Thanks bullseye for your help.

this has turned out to be tougher than I anticipated:huh:.

I have found many cars that look similar to the one pictured, but nothing spot on. I am leaning more towards the 1920's than the 1930's I was first looking at.

Hey Jeeks, good to see you again:LOL:.

Yep, it looks like an Overland. I have not been able to determine what year. If this car belonged to the husband of my great aunt pictured in the 2nd photograph, and it is a 1919, he would have purchased it when he returned from WW1. And great grandpop was widowed as a result of the tornado that struck New Castle March 11, 1917. If great grandmom was alive, I was certain she would have been in the first photo.

Whew, an Overland, who would have thought? Thanks a bunch. Jeeks to the rescue again. Actually I thought Katie was going to come up with the answer.:) I'm a happy camper;) .

I'm sorry I can't help but I love looking at all the old car photos. We have a 70 chevelle that my husband restored but ours is a youngster compared to yours.

yes, RMS, yours is a young'un:)

Here's another photo, of my grandparents (Floyd returns). At least the photographer had the courtesy to easily identify the car!

Attachments

• 3FloydAbbyPaige200 (3).jpg
    3FloydAbbyPaige200 (3).jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 171

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom