Virginia judge strikes down gay marriage ban

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
Another one bites the dust!

This says it all:

"Gay and lesbian individuals share the same capacity as heterosexual individuals to form, preserve and celebrate loving, intimate and lasting relationships," [Federal Judge] Wright Allen said. "Such relationships are created through the exercise of sacred, personal choices — choices, like the choices made by every other citizen, that must be free from unwarranted government interference."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/02/13/virginia-same-sex-marriage/5473687/

That's awesome! These bans are going down faster than I could have ever imagine!

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Discuss Cooking mobile app

There will be a day when also Italy will accept gay marriage. In the meantime, I'm happy for Virginia's people.

One day all people will be treated equally. We are taking steps in the right direction. It is still a long road, but thankfully we keep making progress.

I'm very proud to live in one of the first states to allow marriage equality! Welcome, Virginia!

Not many states left. Hopefully the Supreme Court will make a ruling that will apply to all the states. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom