Virtual Dog Tricks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:)I have a great one I taught one of my three dogs her name is Daisy she's a boxer mix.Anyway I got a wireless door chime and put the outside button at her level and by the way she learned it the very first night I showed her a few years ago.I tried to teach her to use her paw to push doorbell but dogs dont know how to push so she would try to swipe when that did not work she used her nose to ring door bell.Well now she rings bell every time she wants in or the two other two dogs want in and if you dont come to open door soon enough she goes ding dong,ding dong.ding dong hitting the button over and over again.Its a really cool trick but its a pain also because just as I drift into a rare nap its ding dong,ding dong.When we have new people over they cant believe a dog can do this but when our friends are over when the bell rings they just get up and let her in.

:)I have a great one I taught one of my three dogs her name is Daisy she's a boxer mix.Anyway I got a wireless door chime and put the outside button at her level and by the way she learned it the very first night I showed her a few years ago.I tried to teach her to use her paw to push doorbell but dogs dont know how to push so she would try to swipe when that did not work she used her nose to ring door bell.Well now she rings bell every time she wants in or the two other two dogs want in and if you dont come to open door soon enough she goes ding dong,ding dong.ding dong hitting the button over and over again.Its a really cool trick but its a pain also because just as I drift into a rare nap its ding dong,ding dong.When we have new people over they cant believe a dog can do this but when our friends are over when the bell rings they just get up and let her in.
Wow, JP, I'm going to try and teach my dog that trick, too. It's too cool. My 2 year old dog, Bella, really loves to please me so what she may lack in brain cells, she makes up for in motivation. Bella even comes to "tell" me when my 17 year old dog, Booger, needs to go out, but she does it by grabbing my shirt in her teeth and trying to pull me downstairs. I'd love for her to have a different way of telling me - one that doesn't leave holes in all my shirts!
Terry

:)You really need to teach her the way that you think will work I saw a show recently that used bells on a string and treats you dont want to do that you really want the wireless chime and just grab your pup and push her or his nose on chime and then open door no treats involved I was lucky because Daisy is so smart but if you show your pet over and over again they get it.I will take it back maybe a small treat might help until they learn .But once they get it they get it so dont give up and keep showing your pup, another thing in training is when you show them the trick dont open door when they scratch door or bark to get in because after you show them them the trick they will try that next.Stay on course they will get it.OH by the way you can get cheap wireless chimes at Walmart you can also teach a dog to ring another chime from in the house so they can go outside but my dogs dont have a problem with that.

i love this little guy!!! he even does some tricks that my dog used to do. thanks keltin - now I have a dog whose poop I don't need to pick up. the only down side is that curling up to my computer isn't too appealing ;)

if the back door was unlocked my Siamese cat, Sushi, could unlock it by twisting the knob with both paws-----and heaven help you if you left a bathroom door opened because she loved to unwind the toilet paper off the roll. The dog video was so cute.

Back
Top Bottom