Virtual Iron Chef Cookoff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since nobody wants to step up to the plate, I'll skip this one as a contestant and offer to be the Chairman. So I give you what you've been waiting for, the secret ingredient:

Drumm roll please; And the secret ingredient is... ... Oatmeal!
Ala-Cuisine!

Now remember, you have to make at least one main course, with 2 sides and a desert. The pictures, recipes, and techniques must be placed on the site by Feb. 15. The judges opinions are final.

And, for those that don't think they are good enough cooks to participate, I say that you need to give this a try anyway. The idea is to expand your cooking skills by trying new things. And this ingredient whould challenge the beginner and expert alike. Good luck. Now all we need is for members to volunteer as judges.:chef:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I think interest has died in this project. It saddens me that so many good cooks don't want to participate.:( The competition wasn't presented to create winners and losers, only winners as we would all benefit from each other's experiences. Oh well. Maybe there will be more interest in the summer or something.

Goodweed, if I may make a suggestion...It just seems to me that the contest is not structured enough. My suggestion would be to start a new thread announcing the contest. Have a date to sign up by. Make the thread a poll asking people to vote Yes if they would like to participate. From that you will get your list of entrants. Set the cut off date to sign up about 2 weeks out or so. List what date your entries should be submitted by. List the rules that you came up with in this thread. You should be the Chairman for the first contest and your oatmeal idea would still be a great one to start with (that was a great choice IMO). Set definite timelines so there is no confusion.

That is just my suggestion. Take it for what it is worth, even if that is -$.02 ;)

Goodweed..

I think it is a great idea...I believe I stated so ...from the get-go.

I agree with GB...I know/feel that you wanted to be inclusive of everyone's ideas/opinions/input etc..and that is a good thing...However sometimes some one has to just make the rules and say PLAY BALL!!...Maybe wait a time.. with patience..get all your ducks in a row...and present the plan again.

I would be happy to help...I don't know how..but would support your idea whole-heartedly..

Keep the oatmeal Idea...it is a WINNER:clap: ...I have racked my brain trying to think of an item...but like my head...I came up empty.... handed!:(

Don't give up yet!

Goodweed....

I have to agree with GB and Uncle Bob.....I love the idea and might even be dragged into participating:w00t2:, but I just found this thread, and know that between now and the 15th, I'd be hard pressed to get anything much accomplished.

I would suggest that the Powers That Be be consulted to see if the contest, deadlines, signups and rules can be posted in both Community Announcements and Cooking Contests...or at least in one of them.

The Sign Up Thread could be made (I think) to stay on top, or bumped every day, for a period of a couple of weeks so that even those of us who often have only the time to lurk, might take notice and decide to participate.

I think the thus far proposed rules and the proposed theme ingredient all sound good, or more importantly, workable.....and I'm not an oatmeal lover! ;)

I don't think that prizes are what anyone on this board would be seeking....only a pat on the back:clap:, job well done:flowers:, "you da man" :punk:and other members' interest in trying the recipe for themselves :chef:......well, and maybe some Karma!!

Goodweed, excellent choice for a first-time secret ingredient! I, as someone who is looking forward to participating in the "rookie" category (maybe categories of participants is an idea?), am excited by the choice - even if I'm also confused. I think it'll be fun.

GB's suggestions do sound helpful, however. I'm in either way.

Goodweed - great job and great choice of first ingredient! I was in the background as a audience member (we will be in the middle of a kitchen remodel), but excited never-the-less. I'm behind you 100%! Great suggestions from GB and Uncle Bob!

Ok then. So it's still on. I'll let this thread die and open a new on, asking in a poll who would like to sign up for the contest. I will give a cutoff date for entry, and another date for submissions. I will use the oatmeal as the first suprise ingrediant, and use the same rules.

I love the response I got from all of you, and the suggetions from you GB. Thanks for keeping the dream alive.;)

Back
Top Bottom