Virtual Town Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can I help Middie in the bakery? I can do the bread...
Or if there's a separate bagel shop, I'll do it.
I can help Mikki with the daycare too.....
Need a veggie farmer?

I think we need a personal trainer..... everyone cooks we'll all be 400 lbs!

With all those people trying out for the position of town drunk, I think you could do with a taxi service, so I'll do that!

Hey, why do we need to shovel snow? Virtual town, so move to somewhere with virtually no snow!!! LOL

Well how about it only snows 2-3 times, between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Snow and cold are pretty useless after that!
That way, the town drunks can get thier fill of warm beverages.
Hot buttered rum, mulled wine, spiked cider, hmmmmm
Maybe they will let me be the town drunk bagel baker?

May I open up a quality Butcher Shop & Deli in DC? Seeing as there is no grocery store, I'll handle some basic produce and staples, as well.

May I open up a quality Butcher Shop & Deli in DC? Seeing as there is no grocery store, I'll handle some basic produce and staples, as well.

Open your shop and I'll give you a lot of business. I'll buy food & etc. from you for my people/pet cafe. I like buying groceries & etc. locally instead of buying from a restaurant warehouse. I'll make sure that my customers know that all the ingredients in my food are bought from you.

Darlene

abandon all diets, ye who enter here? ...nah.

eat at darlene's, and get gas? ...nah.

hmmm, a good slogan...

Last edited:
Open your shop and I'll give you a lot of business. I'll buy food & etc. from you for my people/pet cafe.

Darlene

In that case I'll build a little bigger building and expand the produce and organic section. Possibly a small section for fine wines and a few select micro beers. Hopefully by then I'll hear back from Penzey's about a store franchise.

All the news that's fit to print. I proudly present the first issue of our newspaper. Here's everything that's happened in our nice little community up until today:

"THE VIRTUAL TOWN COMMUNITY EXPRESS"

Katie E – Editor/Publisher​
Volume 1, Issue 1 February 13, 2008

MAYOR ANNOUNCES INCORPORATION OF “DC” VIRTUAL TOWN COMMUNITY

In a noon press conference, Uncle Bob, newly-elected mayor of DC Virtual Community, announced the city’s recent incorporation.

“I couldn’t be happier to make this announcement,” Mayor Uncle Bob said. “I expect to make regular reports on the progress of our fine city. The city council and I have been formulating plans and developing tax incentives for fledgling businesses. I see great things happening here in the future. If anyone has any questions about our plans, my door is always open.”

After a brief question-and-answer session, the mayor revealed that Dove has been offered and has accepted the position of police chief and that GB and Kitchenelf will assist her in the positions of criminal investigators. Construction has begun on a secure and state-of-the-art woodshed to house lawbreakers.

The city parks department will be managed by simplicity. Residents will be able to enjoy nicely landscaped hiking and biking trails, lighted tennis and basketball courts, baseball and soccer fields, fully equipped child-safe playground, lighted ice skating rink during the winter months, and comfortable picnic areas scattered throughout the park. Picnic pavilions that can accommodate large groups are available and can be reserved by contacting simplicity at the parks office.

The recent snows have covered our roads, sidewalks and driveways. The city is working on plans for a road department and is currently being assisted by Maverick2272, with his snow blower, will clear your snow for a minimal fee.

For those clearing their own spaces, darlenemt08 will be happy to provide hot drinks and a warm space in her food delivery van. Call to see if she’ll be in your area.

The paving has been completed at WXDC NewsChannel 4 at the media complex, which includes this newspaper office and printing facility. There are plans for a radio station in the future. Anyone interested should submit a proposal and their credentials.

WXDC will be managed by buckytom. He is happy to report that Alix has agreed to be the giggle girl/audience whip and her husband, Ken, will be the “voice” of the station and chief news anchor. Angie will anchor the weekly 6 o’clock news.

Alix has also opened a new mental health facility. She says there's a "real need" for this type of service here.

DC Virtual Town Community is growing at an astounding rate and that is evidenced by the mushrooming of new businesses and services.

New restaurants and entertainment facilities seem be opening daily. The newest restaurant, opened two weeks ago by jpmcgrew, offers fine dining in a sophisticated environment. All the dishes are skillfully prepared and beautifully presented. She tells me she has planned a special Valentine’s Day menu. In addition to dine-in, she has catering services available.

Just a few doors down from jpmcgrew’s restaurant, plummie has opened an Hawiian-style eatery that takes taste buds straight to the cuisine of that sunny paradise. Specialties include Loco Moco, barbecued short ribs/chicken/beef, kimchi, lau lau, and for those who have a sense of fun and humor Wasabi Spam.

Entrepreneur darlenemt08 has combined her love of food, family and animals with her innovative “people/animal” café. It’s nestled in a lush grassy area near the city park. She serves healthy meals for pets of all kinds who can dine-in along with their owners. On mild days, it’s not unusual to see dogs and cats sitting with their owners at the colorful picnic tables in the side courtyard. Adjacent to the courtyard, she’s arranged a unique dining space for those whose furry family members include ponies, horses and larger animals. All meals are prepared with the finest ingredients and contain no additives or preservatives. No alcohol is served. Fresh pre-packaged animal treats are also available.

Take-out is available and darlene offers delivery service. However, her delivery is somewhat unique, in that she will deliver box lunches/meals to farmers in the field or she will meet them at a convenient field road. She asks for 3 hours advance notice when requesting this service.

Other new businesses include a bakery that middie has just opened. She tempts everyone with display cases of sweet treats that look too gorgeous to eat. Her breads are the best. She is partnered with suziquzie, who creates bagels that are almost too pretty to eat. Don’t let that stop you. One bite at anything from middie’s bakery and you’re sure to be a regular.

Ask-A-Butcher’s butcher shop/deli/market is a “don’t miss” stop on your visit downtown. His meat cases are filled with the finest cuts of beef, pork, lamb, veal, poultry, and specialty meats. If you don’t see it in the case, all you have to do is ask and he’ll be happy to meet your requirements. If you have any questions about the proper preparation or about any cut of meat, he’s your source of A+ information.

A deli sandwich from Ask-A-Butcher is pure heaven, especially since all his sandwiches are prepared with bread from middie’s bakery next door. While your sandwich is being made, walk over to his extensive grocery and produce department. Don’t forget to pick up a bottle of wine for dinner or a micro brew to savor, too. A-A says he’s finalizing plans to be able to offer a vast selection of herbs and spices. He expects to have those available within the next several weeks.

The newest business to open is redkitty’s health food store, which is filled to the rafters with all manner of foods, supplements, beverages, mills, and products to satisfy the most discerning health food connoisseur. Don’t see what you want, just ask. She’ll be more than happy to order it or stock it for you. Every Tuesday is “Make Your Own Sale” day says redkitty. Take 10% off your total purchase.

After many years working with children, Barbara L has found her niche. In the heart of town she’s opened her fabulous game room. The business caters to the youth of our community and is filled with vintage-style pool tables, air hockey tables, pinball machines, shelves of board games and jigsaw puzzles, and dartboards. Clusters of colorful chairs are spotted throughout the facility. These are for those children who prefer to avail themselves of the shelves of books that line the two outside walls. A free book exchanges is also in place.

Healthy snacks are served at the snack bar and free music is available for anyone who has to have some “tunes.”

On Saturday morning the business is packed with children of all ages for the 3-hour video entertainment.

Visitors coming to Virtual Town Community will be pampered like royalty when they stay at Sprirtwolf’s cozy bed and breakfast. The accommodations are comfortable and are quite reasonable. Babysitting service is available for families with children.

Even though we are all happy in our delightful community, it may be necessary to travel for business or pleasure. If so, don’t miss checking with pdswife at her travel agency. She’s traveled all over the world to ensure she can recommend the best travel experience for you. She can arrange the perfect vacation or getaway at the best rates.

A quick walk through the streets of Virtual Town Community will reveal that we have many families with young children. For those families where both parents work, the need for quality daycare is probably at the top of their list. Fortunately that need can be filled by mikki, who has opened the first of her daycare locations. She also offers daycare service to Barbara L’s game room patrons.

Her staff has many years of combined experience in childcare and are trained in all areas of early child development. They are also trained for any medical emergency should they arise.

Edited to correct error: Bilby has announced the start-up of her fine taxi service. She offers service to the whole city and surrounding area. Call her at 555-GET-ARIDE. Why drive when Bilby can get you to your destination quickly and safely.

Page 1 of 2 pages

Last edited:
Page 2 of 2 pages

"THE VIRTUAL TOWN COMMUNITY EXPRESS"
Volume 1, Issue 1
February 13, 2008

Angie is a true multi-tasker. At one stop, you can get the best haircut or a perfect piece of jewelry. Where better to send your sweetheart before Valentine’s Day for a haircut than to Angie’s barber shop and jewelry store. Make sure you phone her and let her know which piece of jewelry you want her to “talk up” while she’s cutting your honey’s hair.

Scrapbooking is a popular hobby, so a trip to virgo152’s shop to get help with your latest project is a must. Another multi-tasker, virgo152, also has a photo studio in the scrapbook store where you can have special photos taken to add to your scrapbooks.

Recently mikki reported that she was in need of some sewing alterations. She went outside the community for a solution, but babetoo has announced she has just opened her sewing service. She brings her years of experience to fill your sewing needs.

GB, with his fine photography skills, is advertising his services to both the city as town photographer and to the newspaper for staff photographer. Look for his photos.

Finally, we’ve just learned that one of our fine citizens is planning a old-fashioned “nostalgia” drugstore soda fountain café. Applications for soda “jerks” and ladies who wish to tune up their roller skates to serve drive-up customers should be submitted to this newspaper. The business has applied for Mayor Uncle Bob’s tax incentives. The application is pending. An announcement is expected soon.

The next issue of The Virtual Town Community Express will be on the stands in March. Don’t miss what’s happening in your community!

Katie E​

Last edited:
Great newspaper Katie E! A few copies will be available in the reading area of the Arcade. They will of course be recycled when the next issue comes out.

:)Barbara

Mmm, guess this maybe a case of the foreign terminology. A taxi service picks people up, and drops them off. A cab I guess you call them. Nothing to do with accounting, but I guess I can drive and fiddle the books on the side if the money was worth it!!:brows::brows::brows::brows:;)

***K'elf slowly stretches...yawns contently..opens the door to melting snow....what's that?...mmmmm......on bare tiptoes, making tracks through the very wet snow, leans down to pick up a paper...captured with the first words of the first newspaper K'elf slowly makes it back inside to her waiting fireplace...curls up on her sofa with a steaming cup of coffee and is glad she moved to the community of DC.

:flowers: Great job Katie E

:) Awsome paper Katie its nice to see everything summed up. So now I think we also need a flower shop and a family clinic, a vet/ animal groomer. All our foreign friends are encouraged to move to our perfect little town as Mayor Uncle Bob has full power to wave immigration laws so they can provide services we can't get anywhere else.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom