Virtual Town Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:) Where is YT? He can be the eccentric town genius, the mad scientist if you will. He keeps to himself working on experiments and inventing state of the art genius stuff. Although he is quite moody and not very approachable if there is a looming catastrophe he always come thru because deep down he is a softy and loves his little town as much as we do.

I'll run the greenhouse and provide flowers and vegetable plants, if that suits you all.

I'm also a part-time shrink, since people always tend to tell me their problems. I'll sort'em out and send the really messed up ones to you, Alix.

And Red Kitty, you're not the only hippie here. Maybe you can help me out in the greenhouse during the busy season?

i'll help you in my spare time, connie. kitty and i will help set up the hydroponics...

umm, we still need a weather girl, people. and a sports reporter.

Katie, I'd like to apply to be the editor of the food and gardening section of the paper ;) I'm currently working on a certificate in professional writing, to be completed this spring, and am enrolled in Intro to Journalism and News Writing. (Sorry, BT, public speaking is not my strength.)

In my spare time, I'd like to help out with the catering.

P.S. Bilby - taxi and cab are both short for taxicab; I guess it's another regional variation.

\ Looks like our town is lacking a religious organization. So, I'm going to build me a nice building with the sign "coexist" You've seen those bumper stickers, right? Everybody is welcome. Well I might as well do crisis counseling too. On Sundays let’s have a charity cook off, or bake off. Oh, on the back there will be "Soup To Go" place. Open between 12 and 2 PM only on the week days. Every day new soup.

I am a plumber--I can sweat copper and glue PVC with the best of 'em.

And I know how to brew beer and wine.

(As my co-worker Kenny says, "Girl, you would make some old boy a good wife.:LOL::LOL::LOL:)

I'd be more than happy to volunteer my services as a weather girl/ sportscaster for your T.V. station buckytom. I'm a 20 something female and I also follow sports with a passion. I'm originally from Ohio though before settling in DC community, so I may have a tendency to focus on the Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes. Although as a professional reporter I suppose I could learn to put my bias aside!!!:ROFLMAO:

BT and Red, you will be great helpers in the greenhouse! I'll bet we have some fun, too.

Charlie, we could just gather and celebrate the sunset every evening, like they do in Key West.

Yeah I know! I just didn't realise that taxi didn't immediately register with you guys. We don't use the term cab here and I don't automatically type in American.
That actually varies throughout the US too. In some areas they say cab more often and in others they say taxi more often. We used both in my family but said cab most often.

:)Barbara

Glad you enjoyed it, darlene. I hope you have room at your cafe for Buck and me and all our kitties!!:LOL:

Bring the "family". The more, the merrier. They just might meet some new friends to play with. I've got a big cafe.

Afterwards, Buck & you can take the "family" to the park and walk off lunch or supper. Or, take a nice stroll through the park after an afternoon snack. I'll provide the special doo-doo bags for anybody who takes their pets for walks through the park. I'll have a special bag container outside of my cafe along with a garbage can. If needed, I'll also have leashes & harneses for those who didn't bring along one for a walk in the park or, for those who'd like to have something attached to their pets while in the cafe to keep them near them.

Darlene

That actually varies throughout the US too. In some areas they say cab more often and in others they say taxi more often. We used both in my family but said cab most often.

:)Barbara

Same here. If we are calling out we yell "Yo taxi!". If we are talking about it, we say "let's catch a cab". Just depends I guess.

Hey, do we have a clinic around here or a Dr's office? I have a killer cold and I think I might be needing some meds for my sinuses.

Hey, do we have a clinic around here or a Dr's office? I have a killer cold and I think I might be needing some meds for my sinuses.

My DH needs a little nursing himself - I'll be glad to pick you up on the way if I knew where we were going! LOL

To complement PDSwife travel agency...

Ladies and gentlemen, Thank you for flying Virtual Airlines flight 101 to Virtual Community, DC. The temperature outsite is a balmy 95F. The aircraft is now about to land. Please place your tray in the upright position, all bags in the overhead lockers. When disembarking and exiting the terminal, please accustom yourself with our Virtual Community Tourist Bureau which can arrange local sightseeing tours and be sure to book your accommodation through our local travel agency. May we suggest the Virtual Waldorf Astoria. Our taxi/cab service is available for your convenience.;)

(always wanted to be a air hostess, many, many moons ago made it to the interview stage for Qantas but too short. Needed it to be nice and hot, the snow has melted!!):(

Back
Top Bottom