Virtual Town Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had hoped to remain above the fray but the level and quality of discourse on this thread demand that I put personal considerations aside and agree to offer my services as the town intellectual and arbiter of propriety and good taste.

It's so easy for a loosely-knit amorphous collection of individuals to drift into seamy and unsavory behavior patterns. Mental capacity and erudition such as mine will prove to be crucial to the refined development of a respectable community.

As a first step I require that each of you PM me with your level of academic accomplishment, your professional fraternal affiliations and a short statement of what you hope to add to the intellectual dignity of this experiment.

Hmmm! Sounds as though Buck is jockeying for chief BS officer or career politician.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'm going to open a people/pet cafe. My former job was a cook but was trained as a short-order cook at first. So, I'll open a cafe with short-order food but it'll also have some healthy food for those of you who don't want to eat the grease-pit food or very little of it. My business will also have pet food. I'll have a room for just people to eat. Then there will be a connecting room for those who want to bring their pets...dog &/or cat and they all can eat together. There will also be another connecting room for those who ride their horses or donkeys into town and want to eat with them. There will be a big area for people to eat outside with their pets during the warmer weather. I'll make gourmet pet food for the animals. Take-outs of both people & pet food are available. For the farmers, feel free to park your tractors, combines, & semis in the big parking lot. Field-delivery is also available for those of you who don't want to drive the few miles into town to eat. Can meet you at your field driveway for delivery or, meet you or somebody halfway for a delivery. Don't forget to order for your pets who may be with you out in the fields. My cafe don't serve alcohol. I will have an assortment of flavored coffee & teas...hot & cold for both and, hot/cold cocoa. There will be pop...yep, both Pepsi & Coke brands and fruit drinks. I want people of all ages to enjoy my cafe with or without your pets.

Darlene

:) We need a good pizzeria who's in? Red Kitty since you are the hippie you still need a job or business how about a health food store. Yes, you can wear your wool socks and Birkenstocks and ride your bike to work.:LOL::LOL:

:) We need a good pizzeria who's in? Red Kitty since you are the hippie you still need a job or business how about a health food store. Yes, you can wear your wool socks and Birkenstocks and ride your bike to work.:LOL::LOL:

Yay! I would love to run the health food store! I will ride my bike to work and I will wear my Birks but no wool socks, they are too itchy!!! :LOL:

I want to run the Parks Department.

There will be trees, flowers, waterfalls, duck and koi ponds, and ponds for those who enjoy fishing.

Outdoor theaters will entertain us, hike and bike trails will keep us fit, along with well maintained and lighted tennis courts.

Outdoor skating rinks and playgound equipment are a must, along with baseball and soccer fields.

Did I mention picnic tables?

And if I run over budget, I'll ask the Mayor for a few thousand more. I've heard he's a generous fellow.

I'll open a Mental Health clinic. I suspect with this crew the line up will be around the block in no time! *running and hiding from Kitchenelf's big ladle*

Hey BT, I'll be your giggle girl. Always wanted to do that!

where?

point at them and go "hoot hoot hoot" until they leave.

alix, you're hired to be the laugh track/giggle girl, and to be the audience whip.

hey, how about ken for lead reporter or anchor? i'm sure he can do a good wally kronkite.

We need a real old fashioned drug store with a soda fountain..or maybe a 50's Drive In with the gals in short skirts on roller skates.

OK virtual town, I need to organize some snow shovellers for the seniors around here, we are getting 4 inches overnight and its the heavy wet stuff. Volunteers?

I don't shovel snow too well. I'll provide free snacks with hot chocolate, coffee, & tea for everybody who shovels snow though. I'll drive around my delivery van to all who's outside shoveling snow and give people a break inside for a few min. to warm up with a hot drink and something to eat.

Darlene

We need a real old fashioned drug store with a soda fountain..or maybe a 50's Drive In with the gals in short skirts on roller skates.

.......and great old fashion burgers, etc. I'll get the town council to give a tax break to this business the first year of operation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom