Visited Julia Child's Kitchen in D.C.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
Just made it back to Texas from D.C. and we got to visit Julia Child's Kitchen at the Smithsonian's American History Museum. What an amazing cook she was!!! I will post the pictures on member photos once I get home to load them up. Here's this for now.
stove.jpg
home01.jpg

We are now visiting in-laws in Dallas after traveling for 15 days. Whew! I am so ready to get home! Colonial Williamsburg, VA was also a great experience as was Gem Mountain in Spruce Pine, NC. The kids had a blast collecting gems. The food we ate was delicious, from 18th century recipes: corn chowder, pulled pork and Queen's cake to French quiche and Sacher torte. Mmm...I will post later.

Last edited:
I've seen Julia's setup at the Smithsonian too, Dina.

Just goes to show that you don't need all the latest stuff to crank out something terrific.

Thanks Txgirl. We made it back home safely, thankfully. Today was our first day cooking after 17 days of bumming around in D.C. and VA. I have yet to upload the pictures but will get to it soon. Now it's back to working on getting the extra vacation pounds off. Blah!

I agree with you Mud. Tecniques over gadgets.

Dina said:
Just made it back to Texas from D.C. and we got to visit Julia Child's Kitchen at the Smithsonian's American History Museum. What an amazing cook she was!!! I will post the pictures on member photos once I get home to load them up. Here's this for now. http://www.npr.org/programs/atc/features/2002/aug/juliachild/stove.jpg http://americanhistory.si.edu/kitchen/images/home01.jpg

We are now visiting in-laws in Dallas after traveling for 15 days. Whew! I am so ready to get home! Colonial Williamsburg, VA was also a great experience as was Gem Mountain in Spruce Pine, NC. The kids had a blast collecting gems. The food we ate was delicious, from 18th century recipes: corn chowder, pulled pork and Queen's cake to French quiche and Sacher torte. Mmm...I will post later.

Let me know the next time you get out to VA! I live very close to Williamsburg, and I have friends in Spruce Pine and have been there many times! BTW, are there any restaurants in Spruce Pine?

Cool info! That sounds great, and Julia Child certanly made herself into a part of history. Some people have a gift. Check out my siggy!

Back
Top Bottom