Vocational Rehab - LOL!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, y'all need to start smiling.

Here I go.

Anna has fallen in love with Tuxy and will NOT leave him alone. She drags him around and he just goes with her. She snatches him by his scruff and well, there he goes.

Anna sorta dragged him up on her bed and he settled right down there. Now she's down and out for the count with a little arm thrown around Tuxy. He's out cold too.

God bless such precious children who come into our lives.

I snuck away. Life is so dang good!

Yeah, y'all need to start smiling.

Here I go.

Anna has fallen in love with Tuxy and will NOT leave him alone. She drags him around and he just goes with her. She snatches him by his scruff and well, there he goes.

Anna sorta dragged him up on her bed and he settled right down there. Now she's down and out for the count with a little arm thrown around Tuxy. He's out cold too.

God bless such precious children who come into our lives.

I snuck away. Life is so dang good!

Joyce, I am so glad so much happiness has come into your life after all that has happened in the immediate past month or so. I hope Cat gets her a pet when they return home. She has shown how much she loves animals. :angel:

Joyce, I am so glad so much happiness has come into your life after all that has happened in the immediate past month or so. I hope Cat gets her a pet when they return home. She has shown how much she loves animals. :angel:

Anna wants to take Tuxy home when they go back.

Cat asked me if they could have him this morning.

I see Anna and my Tuxy ...

I have had to say "No," to Anna, in keeping with her parents' discipline. Anna doesn't fuss at "No," very much at all. She just finds something else to get into.

How can I say "No" to this? I love this child. I love Cat. I love my Tuxy.

I told Cat we'd ask you folks, and we'll go with that.

First, the facts:

Anna likes to grab him by the chest fur and drag him around like a mop. Tuxy rolls over and lets her do it. Geez! Try that with Pookie and you'd need a blood transfusion!

She doesn't pull his tail any more. She's learned to pet him properly and she knows how to brush him (sort of).

I think it's ok to let Anna sort of "have" him here, but I think it's also ok to introduce Anna to the other cats at home and see if she takes to one there. A small child can't have everything she wants.

Tuxy is friendly with everyone; he's been fixed, has all his shots, been tested for diseases, but I wonder how he'll do on a looooooooooooong plane flight(s) and separated from everyone and everything he knows, including his brother and sister.

I wonder how his brother and sister will react if he's gone. Cats notice stuff.

Cat will end up taking care of Tuxy, of course. Anna is too young to care for a pet.

Anna may quickly forget Tuxy when she goes home. She, like every little one, has the attention span the size of a gnat.

I suggested a stuffed black and white kitty for Anna to take home. Cat and Carl will be back to visit, and they can tell her Tuxy will be here.

What do y'all think?

Personally, knowing cats, Tuxy would not like being uprooted and taken far away. It's one thing to move with cats, another to send them off with someone else. I'm sure there are plenty of cats in Brasov that would be happy to have a furever home with Anna, Cat and Carl.

Oh, ho, I would say "no". Not because I'm being mean (not to say that I can't be mean :brows: ), but because I think it would be too difficult for Tuxy. Besides the long flight, there must be some sort of quarantine period that he would have to endure. Besides, there have to be stray cats that need families in Romania, too. Tuxy has a house with people and cats who love him. Even though she's small, you will probably make Anna understand that there is a special cat back in her home country that needs a good family, too.

So, does this mean that Cat, Carl, and Anna will be returning home soon? Since you're back to work and back to normal, or what passes as normal ;), they must be anxious to return home. Besides, with warm weather coming it must be time for fishing season to start, right? We've barely heard from Cat since she came to stay with you and Justin, anyway. :( It's almost like she's still back there.

Personally, knowing cats, Tuxy would not like being uprooted and taken far away. It's one thing to move with cats, another to send them off with someone else. I'm sure there are plenty of cats in Brasov that would be happy to have a furever home with Anna, Cat and Carl.

That's how I feel. Tuxy's happy here.

Oh, ho, I would say "no". Not because I'm being mean (not to say that I can't be mean :brows: ), but because I think it would be too difficult for Tuxy. Besides the long flight, there must be some sort of quarantine period that he would have to endure. Besides, there have to be stray cats that need families in Romania, too. Tuxy has a house with people and cats who love him. Even though she's small, you will probably make Anna understand that there is a special cat back in her home country that needs a good family, too.

So, does this mean that Cat, Carl, and Anna will be returning home soon? Since you're back to work and back to normal, or what passes as normal ;), they must be anxious to return home. Besides, with warm weather coming it must be time for fishing season to start, right? We've barely heard from Cat since she came to stay with you and Justin, anyway. :( It's almost like she's still back there.

That's a good idea.

CG, since Cat and Carl and Anna arrived, I'm lucky to be online. This place is a madhouse and not just that, but we've have roofers and renovators here and all kinds of junk going on. I thought I had explained why there's no fishing season this year.

Tuxy already has a loving home. And there are many cats back in Romania that need a nice warm home. Try to find a stuffed Tuxy that she can take with her on the plane. :)wacko: No, not the original) It will help distract her on the plane ride home.

When I flew out to California from Massachusetts, I was sitting beside a 12 y.o. boy. He had a cat in a carrier traveling with him. Both were very nervous. After some encouragement, the boy finally settled down, not the cat so much. He cried the whole five hours of the trip. As the plane started to descend the poor cat started howling as if it was in it last throws. I told the boy to stick his fingers in his ears so they wouldn't hurt him so much. The cat wouldn't listen. I felt so sorry for that animal. The boy was fine. His ears didn't hurt him.

Some airliners allow you to keep a small animal carrier on board with you as long as it will fit under the seat in front of you. Some will not and the animal will have to go into the hold with the rest of the luggage. Total darkness.

And remember Cat and Carl will be back with Ana and she will get to see her Tuxy again.

Admit it Joyce. You love and are really enjoying all the confusion and love that has come into your home. :angel:

You did. I forget. Oops!

I forgot to put salt and pepper in the gravy this morning, CG. Can you believe that? Who the heck does that?

Seeing someone else forget something actually makes me feel better, as weird as that may sound. Thank you! :wub:

Tuxy already has a loving home. And there are many cats back in Romania that need a nice warm home. Try to find a stuffed Tuxy that she can take with her on the plane. :)wacko: No, not the original) It will help distract her on the plane ride home.

When I flew out to California from Massachusetts, I was sitting beside a 12 y.o. boy. He had a cat in a carrier traveling with him. Both were very nervous. After some encouragement, the boy finally settled down, not the cat so much. He cried the whole five hours of the trip. As the plane started to descend the poor cat started howling as if it was in it last throws. I told the boy to stick his fingers in his ears so they wouldn't hurt him so much. The cat wouldn't listen. I felt so sorry for that animal. The boy was fine. His ears didn't hurt him.

Some airliners allow you to keep a small animal carrier on board with you as long as it will fit under the seat in front of you. Some will not and the animal will have to go into the hold with the rest of the luggage. Total darkness.

And remember Cat and Carl will be back with Ana and she will get to see her Tuxy again.

Admit it Joyce. You love and are really enjoying all the confusion and love that has come into your home. :angel:

:)wacko: No, not the original)

That was rather disturbing, but hilarious!:ROFLMAO:

There's nothing like a great Freudian slip on a message board.

Y'all are right. We talked about this over breakfast. My theories are these:

Cat already has Misty and Kali, her cats, but they're grumpy old farts who want nothing to do with children and noise, so Anna hasn't really bonded with them.

Misty and Kali won't be happy to see another cat come in.

Tuxy wouldn't know what to make of a trip like that and a house as big as theirs. I'm afraid he'd be traumatized, which could break his loving spirit, and he could turn against Anna.

Anna's too young to care for a cat.

When Anna gets home to the extended family, she'll be distracted enough all over the place, and may forget him anyway.

Tuxy likes to play with his brother and sister here, and he wouldn't have anyone to play with there.

So, Cat and Carl agreed on a big stuffed plush cat for her. Anna can "have" Tuxy when she's here.

And to perfectly honest, I love my Tuxy! I don't want to give him away, danggitall!

I think Cat and Carl were so swept up in how cute and sweet Anna and Tuxy look together they didn't look at the realities. And I wasn't being mean when I said, "But what about me and my feelings for Tuxy?"

Another crisis averted. Thanks ladies!

They do have a bunch of cats there on the property in the barn, and sometimes there are kittens. I suggested Cat could keep two kittens so they would leave Misty and Kali alone. Play is essential for kittens and young cats.

Tuxy, Buster, and Molly are still very young and try to kill each other on a daily basis.

Yes, I do like the commotion pretty much, but at the end of the day, the peace and quiet is even more appreciated! Phew!! Kids!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom