Volcano in Alaska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I heard about this on the news.

Better there than Yellowstone. The biggest volcano in the world lies under there, and they say if (when) it goes, it will exterminate most life on this planet.

Yes, Constance, hubby and I were reading about the Yellowstone volcano between Christmas and New years, when they had hundreds of small quakes. Pretty scary. I was in Portland, OR when Mt. St. Helen's blew in 1980 - we could see it clearly from our house and it was quite a sight. We had lots of ash fall - my house gutters filled up and tore away from the house...hope everyone stays safe.

Oh, I'll bet they did!

That year, and even the next, the volcanic ash circled the earth and we had two of the coldest winters in history here.

Yes, Constance, hubby and I were reading about the Yellowstone volcano between Christmas and New years, when they had hundreds of small quakes. Pretty scary. I was in Portland, OR when Mt. St. Helen's blew in 1980 - we could see it clearly from our house and it was quite a sight. We had lots of ash fall - my house gutters filled up and tore away from the house...hope everyone stays safe.

I still have ash from it. My aunt lives in Spokane and collected "clean" ash from her car and brought it to us. Took it to school for show and tell and the teacher called me a liar:ohmy: My mom had to go up there and have a "chat" with her:LOL: I let my boys take some and the school asked permission to keep it for their Science room. Aunt said it was the ugliest snow she ever saw too. Took FOREVER to get things clean.

I just hope no one gets hurt when she blows. It is such a beautiful area!!!

LOL ... I too have some Mt. St. Helen's ash ... still in that old avacado green Rubbermaid bowl ... we were living on Whidbey Island & heard the BOOM! ... but because we were 150 miles north of the volcano, we did not get the mass ash - unlike the folks at ground-zero, east & south of Mt. St. Helen.

Then, in 1996, we were living in Iceland when their's blew.

Seeing a pattern here ... LOL!

Everyone sing along ...

YouTube - jimmy buffett - Volcano - Live In Anguilla

Last edited:
I remember Mt. St. Helens. I lived in So Cal and even we got ash down there. It wasn't enough to collect, but we knew what it was all over our driveways.

Volcano in Hawaii ... last week

Volcano in Hawaii ...

This is a photo I took of the Kiluea (sp?) lava flow on the 'big island' of Hawaii.

FYI: This photo was taken from over 1/2 mile away and with my lens zoomed-in. :)

img_792927_0_88c76a9c00d5651f89c5954ed58d8bea.jpg

so Alaska now has a volcano to worry about.......oh, my..........I was there as a young girl in the 60's and we'd average a tremor once a month.........the furniture would shake and move around.......pretty scary at first but you got used to it.......then right after we left they had that calamitous earthquake.......I can't imagine the effects of an active volcano, however

Back
Top Bottom