Vote for Most Iconic Movie Line.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is the most iconic movie quote ever?

• Luke. I am your father.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May The Force Be With You.

• I'll be back.

• Total voters
On his death bed? Citizen Kane dies?
I'm the second person in the world Kayelle mentioned as never having seen that movie :(

Citizen Kane was one the first movies Orson Wells produced, Rosebud was the last word uttered, in the first scene of the movie, by Kane on his death bed and the rest of the movie was devoted to finding out what Rosebud meant. Citizen Kane was a thinly disguised satire of William Randolf Hearst, the newspaper tycoon.

Error Alert:LOL:

Orson Welles did not produce Citizen Kane, he directed it and also acted in the movie. To be honest, a current viewing of the movie usually proves disappointing because of the advancement of camera techniques. You would need to be aware of the limited techiques at the time this movie was made, and a knowledge of the politics helps too. For its time, it was a ground breaking movie...today...maybe not so much.

Here is a bit of trivia, what movie won "Best Picture" the year Citizen Kane was made? It was "How Green Was my Valley?" a story about Welsh coal miners, directed by John Ford, another great movie, that has more relevance today than Citizen Kane.

Velly interesting..........since I've gone all these years without seeing it, I doubt I ever will, so can someone fill me in on this?
Rosebud was the last word uttered, in the first scene of the movie, by Kane on his death bed and the rest of the movie was devoted to finding out what Rosebud meant.
What did Rosebud mean?

Cover your eyes Pacanis, since you and I are the only people in the world who never saw it.

was rose bud the name of his sled? only saw it once. orson welles was not one of my favorite actors. and no i didn't see it in the movie theater when it first came out. lol

That was funny, Kayelle :^D
I almost watched it last week, too. I think it was on TCM.

was rose bud the name of his sled? only saw it once. orson welles was not one of my favorite actors. and no i didn't see it in the movie theater when it first came out. lol

That's it, babe. In a flashbck to his childhood near the beginning of the movie, you see his sled with a 'Rosebud' emblem on it.

The Line "Bond, James Bond" was spoken by six different actors in 21 of 22 different Bond movies; It's the most Iconic Line ever, hands down !

(The exception is Quantum of Solace)

Error Alert:LOL:

Orson Welles did not produce Citizen Kane, he directed it and also acted in the movie. To be honest, a current viewing of the movie usually proves disappointing because of the advancement of camera techniques. You would need to be aware of the limited techniques at the time this movie was made, and a knowledge of the politics helps too. For its time, it was a ground breaking movie...today...maybe not so much.

I used to use Citizen Kane in my Lighting Design class. Welles' use of light and shadow is brilliant. Very theatrical. I would have my students watch the movie twice, once to watch the movie and one then to analyze the lighting. I think the only one that come close in recent day is Blade Runner. Turn off the color and watch it. (That used to be another part of my class as well. )

The Line "Bond, James Bond" was spoken by six different actors in 21 of 22 different Bond movies; It's the most Iconic Line ever, hands down !

Wasn't that the last movie?

I didn't know that! Why would they leave that line out of the 22nd movie after all these years? Somebody's got some 'splainin' to do.

I AGREE;
Somebody Screwed up !

10_1_138.gif

It's interesting that three of the choices in this poll have zero votes. That means that even the folks who suggested the lines didn't vote for them.

I might mention, respectfully, of course, that the above video documents the LAMPOONING of the Line, and does not add to the "Iconic" value, IMO

But you are correct, it's been utilized (and paraphrased) a lot !

Did you notice that Judy Garland said, "Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

Everyone else says "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore."

I haven't listened to all 5 minutes but I didn't hear anyone get it right while I did listen.

Last edited:
It's interesting you pointed that out Zhizara. When i created this thread I wrote I don't think...but then when back to double check and saw that she actually said I have a feeling. So funny how everyone seems to change it.

For a long time the GWTW line was misquoted as, "Frankly, Scarlet, I don't give a damn." Now most people get it right.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom