Vote for Most Iconic Movie Line.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is the most iconic movie quote ever?

• Luke. I am your father.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May The Force Be With You.

• I'll be back.

• Total voters

GB

Chief Eating Officer
Princess Fiona had a great idea about turning the most iconic movie line thread into a poll, so here it is. You can only vote once so make it a good one.

It was hard to make this list Andy. There were a lot of great choices in the other thread, but the poll only allows 10 choices. There were a number of others that could have been on the list as well.

Maybe after this thread dies down...Choose another List of 10....Then pick the top three, four or five from both list and have a run off for a Championship of the Whole Wide World!! :LOL: Seriously....

Very nice list. I had a hard time choosing.

And, I too, love Uncle Bob's idea.

Last edited:
Kayelle, which do you not recognize? I would be curious to know. I know there were some in the original list I did not recognize, but most other people recognized them.

The first is from The Princess Bride (one of the funniest movies ever) and the second is from Citizen Cane.

So now you have two movies to rent :)

PB is one of those movies you can watch 100x and still find new things to make you laugh that you did not notice before. The entire movie is quotable.

Thanks, GB, I'll have to rent PB.......I'm in the mood for some good laughs.

I'm prolly one of the two people in the world to have never seen Citizen Cain.

It's Citizen Kane. It's a real old classic starring Orsen Wells (1941). Before our time.:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ohmy:

Last edited:
Thanks for the correction Zhizara. That is what I get for relying on spell checker for everything.

Thanks, GB, I'll have to rent PB.......I'm in the mood for some good laughs.

I'm prolly one of the two people in the world to have never seen Citizen Cain.

Haven't seen, The Princess Bride??? Funny, hysterical and fantastic music to boot. Let us know what you think of it!!!

GB, those would be........

My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.

and

Rosebud

What movies are they from?

Citizen Kane was one the first movies Orson Wells produced, Rosebud was the last word uttered, in the first scene of the movie, by Kane on his death bed and the rest of the movie was devoted to finding out what Rosebud meant. Citizen Kane was a thinly disguised satire of William Randolf Hearst, the newspaper tycoon.

Citizen Kane was one the first movies Orson Wells produced, Rosebud was the last word uttered, in the first scene of the movie, by Kane on his death bed and the rest of the movie was devoted to finding out what Rosebud meant. Citizen Kane was a thinly disguised satire of William Randolf Hearst, the newspaper tycoon.
VERY thinly veiled!!

Back
Top Bottom