Voting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Take that back, the neighbors across the street makes it known one vote doesn't make a difference.

Thats sad - one vote can make a difference and it is the collection of those one votes that really make the difference. We have a big problem over here with 40 percent or less turnouts - that can't be democratic.
Actually Isaac Asimov wrote a short story called the voter where all the elections across the USA were determined by a computer analysing the responses of 1 person.

Have fun everyone and we look forward to hearing who is your new president.

One vote won't make a difference .... last time 65,000 of those 'one votes' would have.

I went to vote early last Thursday at the Board of Elections. All the early voters in the county had to go to the board to cast their ballot.

The line was at least 200 long and there were 6 machines. About a two hour wait.

I left.

Tomorrow there will be 80 stations in the county with 3~5 machines per station. I figure the wait will be less, Still I'm taking two crosswords, three if you count the NY Times, and a chair.

No way I'm missing it, going as soon as I get up.

Im naother one. absentee ballot.

got to work 7am to 7pm and i work about 2 hours from where i vote. same with the wife.

i do enjoy voting in person. and I have only missed 1 election becuase I had moved

i woke up this morning feeling very good, very patriotic. i'm going to vote tonight.

it's good to see so many people getting involved, as they should always have been. it stinks that it takes a massive crisis or three to motivate americans, but that may be because so many people live good lives, or at least know that they have the oppurtunity to.
it shows that were not the slumbering dope that much of world has come to think of us.

U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A.!

Voting today!

:chef: I'm going to drive over to my polling place around 10 AM today. I'll stay to vote no matter how long the lines may be on Election Day. I'm very excited. :chef:

I believe that Election Day should be a national holiday so that working voters would have all day to cast their votes.

I'm retired so I have all day to cast my vote.

I've voted in every election (primary and general) since 1964.

Just got back from voting. It was a bit rainy and early, so it took 15 minutes total.
According to the counter on the ballot eating machine, I was number 214.
Apparently NC is a swing state, since we have seen more Presidential candidates this
time than ever before that I can remember. Should be interesting.

I picked my Dad up this morning and we arrived at our polling place about 7:15AM. Even though the line was out the door and down the sidewalk, it only took us about 25mins. I know it may take a lot longer to vote this year, but I'm very happy to see so many people participate in our process!

:) Dh and I also voted absentee ballot. I can tell you one thing I will be real glad when it's over and we dont have to suffer through anymore politcal ads on TV.

P.S. NO disrespect on my part for any members from other countries. Please believe me. I just feel I live in the best of all worlds. But we do have our problems, too. And I've only visited 2 other countries.

I just got back from voting. Dh, ds and I went at 6:30 am and the line was outrageous! We came back home and went back at 8:30. We were done by 9:30. It wasn't too bad.
I was just surprised how many people didn't know where their polling place was. There were quite a few that were told there polling place was somewhere else. Wouldn't you check that out before going?? Oh well, I did my duty.

Barb

:) Dh and I also voted absentee ballot. I can tell you one thing I will be real glad when it's over and we dont have to suffer through anymore politcal ads on TV.

We don't get too many of the political ads for President because California will go big for O'Bama so neither candidate spends the money. We do get a lot of ads for local stuff though and I too will be glad to have those over as well as all the signs all over the place - and now it's raining so they will all be a mess. Candidates are supposed to pick up the signs after the election, but sometimes it just doesn't get done.

Golly, I went in around 10 A.M.,

6 people in line,

was out by 10:30.

I would NOT want to be there at 5 this afternoon.

ROUND 1:

img_718245_0_7851e9f075a3a8cacb9b60e0fe906725.jpg

My early morning voting attempt with my wife was a major FAIL as there was a long line around the building at our local elementary school polling place and we both had to be at work by 9. We will take time off from work during the middle of the day and try again. After work is not an option because we close our shops at 9pm.

This is one reason why I think a major election day should be a national holiday to avoid these scheduling conflicts. Plus, there will be increase in voter turnout as well.

I got up (technically I was already awake since 5:30) took a quick shower and had voted by 7:15. No lines.

I went around 11:00 am like I had planned and found no wait at all. I was done by 11:05 am. My hubby was up there at 5:30 to set up some signs and he said there were about 100 folks waiting for the place to open and at one point he estimated 250 in line. One of the polling monitors said that at 11:00 they had counted 1100 votes on the paper ballots and that did not include the electronic ballots. (Here in VA we have 2 options.) That puts it on track for 80% turnout which is phenomenal for our area. We usually only hit around 45-50%.

I went on my lunch hour at 1pm. Lots of people there, but no line. I was in and out in 5 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom