Voting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KE maybe they just think you have a name that couldn't possibly be made up and on the sheet!

Ah! Well, of course it is always "someone else's" fault! I'm just glad he didn't end up taking his frustration out with bullets.

:)Barbara

KE maybe they just think you have a name that couldn't possibly be made up and on the sheet!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Baeh%21.gif

I wish I'd seen this BEFORE today. I've voted in in many states and only stood in line for any length of time once, in Florida. Here in my small town, Illinois, we still fill in the oval with an ink pen. Heaven forbid! We actually don't have to worry about if the puncher hit the spot correctly, or if someone missed the spot on the computer screen. We go in, fill in the dots, deposit them, and walk out. No mistakes. It is almost impossible to confuse the ballot. It is probably the cheapest, and maybe the most full-proof method of voting.

Claire,
We voted the same way in our little Illinois town. It was so easy and pretty much mistake proof. I hope progress doesn't catch up with us.

We vote with paper ballots and felt tip pens as well, but do not think they are mistake proof. If the little bubble is not filled out completely or is filled out too much then there can be errors.

We use the voting machines ( made here in Jamestown NY) you flip down a tab it shows a red arrow for the person you want to vote for. Vote doesn't get counted until you open the curtian, so while your in there you can flip them back and fourth as many times as you want. Best machines as far as I'm concerned, no tabs to be left, no it's not filled in enough or anything like that.

I remember the first time I was in a voting booth. It couldn't have been 1960 as that would have made me 2 years old so it must have been the '62 or '64 election.

Pull the handle, the curtain closes behind, all those rows upon rows, regiment and symmetrical heavy mechanical switches, that dramatic bold X that appeared when a switch was selected ... could even say that was the first time I voted. Mom held me up so I could reach the lever she pointed to.

Then pull the lever, the curtains parted and the machine made a great Wreeep, BANG noise (that about made me pee) and I knew something important had happened.

I haven't thought about that in years.

Thanks. ;)

What a wonderful memory. We were military, so my parents always voted absentee ballots. I really never saw the process until I, at age 22+, moved to Arlington, VA. We had the ballots many have described, where you choose your candidates then put everything in place, and when you open the curtain, it is set. But I really like the system we have (that is to fill in the dot with a pen) here.

OK, I'm getting caught up with DC - been too busy this past week. Yes, we voted absentee - mailed our ballots about three weeks ago. All of our friends from the US who live here voted. Just because we don't live in the US doesn't mean we don't care about what happens...my son in China also voted. The people here in Mexico were very interested in our election and have been asking us if we voted, who we voted for, etc.

voting machine here was push buttons for the candidate and then push button at the bottom where it says vote.
You go to the table , the person looks up your name , you sign it in the book then you go vote.

Back
Top Bottom