Voting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Don't know if this is not right to ask this question, but if you are voting what time will you go? The news show all say will be 2-3 hour wait. Are you going to wait that long to vote? I don't know if I can.

I am planning on getting there half hour before the polls open up. Used to work at the polls until I got frustrated with confusion about candidates. Guess I should have worked again this time, that way I could have voted when I got there.

Our precinct is all rural, the township hall is very small.... if there's a line it will be short, but mostly in the evening its "busy". (20 people waiting)
We will go mid-morning.

I don't care how long the lines are, I will vote regardless. We vote at our parish church, so there will be lots of people to talk with before, during and after voting.

my precinct also is rural and small..only 75 registered voters in my precinct, polls are open for 13 hours, I do not expect a line...will go about 9:00...there will be a flurry as the polls open, another late afternoon...i usually get to go right in the booth when i arrive

We sent ours in the mail on Friday. Going to son & daughter in law's house to share the evening with them. Election Cake?? I guess there is such a thing.

We'll be going as soon as DH gets home from work. Maybe we'll bring dinner with us. I'm babysitting while my friend votes earlier in the day, I'm hoping she'll return the favor.

I will be going as soon as the polls open. I know there will be a line, there always is. I'm hoping ds will go with me but he works tonight and who knows if he'll get up in time. Dh will probably go sometime in the afternoon.

Barb

I voted last Wednesday.
The news had been saying since the 20th of Oct. that the lines were up to 2 hours long.
I didn't want to wait til the last day - Nov. 4th.
So I readied myself for the wait with a cold bottle of water and a magazine and trucked on down.
I was in and out in 15 minutes!
And I still haven't read the magazine! LOL!
(Oh, Florida is 1 of 30 states that had early voting rights.)(Good thing, because we would never have all made it on election day, I don't think)

From another prospective, I'll be acting as an election official. I have to be at the polls at least 5:15 a.m.

We prepare the voting machines and get all the voting documents ready. Also went to "election school" a week ago to learn about all the rules/regs/laws that govern this current election. My head is about to pop.

I'm so proud of all our citizens who take the time to vote and make a difference, regardless of party. Isn't it nice we can do "our thing?"

I'm tired already and I haven't even set my alarm clock.:):)

Good for you, Katie. I worked the polls up north and a couple of years down here. I don't know why I didn't work this year, but wish I did. I would have raked in some $$. The polls were originally opened 9am - 7pm, but when the long lines started, they extended the times from 7am-7pm.
I hope you have an easy day of it tomorrow, without having to instruct and monitor too many people. Bring water.
And definitely glad you're getting out.

Buck and I worked the polls for many years. Part of arriving early has to do with setting everything up.

We learned long ago to pack lots of breakfast, lunch and snack foods. Since we are not allowed to leave the premises, we have to provide for ourselves.

Our voting area is in a very rural area and there are no "food" places available so we make do as we can. I have packed my tote with all manner of goodies. Also have two batches of cake mix cookies to keep us occupied?!

James's driver's license fell apart (turns out they had problems with several around the time he got his), and we got to the DMV one minute too late today, so we will have to go do that first, since he will need that to vote. We will probably vote late afternoon.

:)Barbara

I'll probably go mid morning. I expect the early shift folks will be there when the polls open. I'll let them get their votes in and try to show up around 11 am before the lunch rush. I have never had to wait more than a couple of minutes to vote since moving to VA so I'm not sure what to expect. I know when I voted in Ohio, there would be a line and a 20-30 min wait.

DH and I voted last Tuesday. I really would have preferred voting tomorrow, but DH can't stand for too long, and the lines probably will be long.

You all sound so positive about the opportunity to give your opinion. I am looking forward to getting up there soon as possible (before the sun) to wait in line. People around here are very committed when it comes to voting. Take that back, the neighbors across the street makes it known one vote doesn't make a difference.

I am sure the candidates are glad it is over. Like a whirlwind they had to go through everyday. so many many people. Just like when i first went to Disneyworld, never believed there were so many people.

thanks for all your comments. I certainly was curious how you all felt about it and happy to know you all really care. So let's keep our fingers crossed and say a prayer that the one who wins will be the best one for our country. I always believe we can make a difference.

I don't care how long the lines are, I will vote regardless.

True that, Joe-One thing my folks impressed upon me long ago-its my responsibility, as well as a privlege to vote.

If I have to stand in line all day, my voice will be heard!!

Back
Top Bottom