Vundo!grb computer virus-help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

callie

Head Chef
I feel SO stupid! Today is my dad's 85th birthday. Early this morning he forwarded an email to me that he had received. He said, "I can't open this card...maybe you can just tell me who it is from." Well.....any other day of the year, I never would have opened the attachment, but I was thinking of his birthday and this "card" and I opened it!! BIG mistake! I have spent the entire day trying to get rid of this nasty virus. Looking for help on the internet is quite discouraging - it seems to be very hard to get rid of. I'm pretty good with computers but get lost in too much technical jargon. Any suggestions from anyone?

p.s. I have McAfee antivirus and also SuperAntiSpyware. I've run numerous scans today with both. One time my computer is "clean" and the next, that dang little trojan seems to be back again. SIGH.

Thank you, saphellae! I really appreciate your help...I will give it a try!
Have a great night.

After much internet searching I decided to download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It seems to have done the trick...cleaned my files and quarantined that nasty rascal! I'm running scans this morning - and so far, so good.

I wish people would put all that "creativity" into good works instead of computer viruses! grrrrr.

Callie, Castle Cops is my go to site for anything like that. They are great over there. Also, I have had great success with Trend Micro and Ewido when I had to ditch stuff. Hope its all gone now!

Back
Top Bottom