W. Tennessee S. Missouri - Heads Up!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raven

Sous Chef
We have 2 tornadic Super-Cells moving through eastern Arkansas right now. One has a CONFIRMED Tornado up north headed for the bootheel of Missouri, the other is headed just north of Memphis.

BOTH CELLS HAVE BEEN PRODUCING BOTH TORNADOES AND BASEBALL SIZED (AND LARGER) HAIL!! Some hail has been measured in excess of 3 inches in diameter.

They went north and south of us so we're all okay here but

Stay Safe!!

~ Raven ~

Last edited:
Hope their isn't much damage or any injuries!! Been watching them here too. Only storms here are just a few miles south and north moving northeast. Not too bad right now, just small thunderstorms. Not sure if they are going to intensify, but, if they do, watch for those going towards Arkansas, Raven.

Ouch! Thanks for warning TG, I'll switch to long range and take a look.

We've had blue sky and sunshine all day here so there's enough instability to get the fireworks going good if they start popping. We're at 84º with a dew-point of 64º (it never seems to fail, when we hit a dew point of 67º we get storms).

Thanks again.
~ Raven ~

Hail was down to quarter-sized when it came through East Tennessee.

I had a friend who literally got blown off her motorcycle on the interstate just outside Memphis yesterday. She was on her way back from this end of the state after a great weekend of hanging out with other motorcycle friends.

She said it took three people just to stand the bike back up because the wind was so strong.

phinz said:
Hail was down to quarter-sized when it came through East Tennessee.

I had a friend who literally got blown off her motorcycle on the interstate just outside Memphis yesterday. She was on her way back from this end of the state after a great weekend of hanging out with other motorcycle friends.

She said it took three people just to stand the bike back up because the wind was so strong.

Hope she wasn't hurt, phinz!!
Bikes are so scary anyway. My sister and bil ride their Harley's everywhere. They got caught last year in Conroe, Texas in a storm and sis will NEVER ride when it's even raining anymore. Scared her to death!!

I live in memphis, and it was really bad last night, however, about 60 miles to the north in dyer and gibson co. TN. 18-20 people were killed by tornados, lets keep them in our thoughts.

Chef_Jimmy said:
I live in memphis, and it was really bad last night, however, about 60 miles to the north in dyer and gibson co. TN. 18-20 people were killed by tornados, lets keep them in our thoughts.

Glad to hear your okay, Jimmy!!
I've been reading about all the storms. Was a bad night up there! They had the death toll at 19 this morning, now it is showing 23 so far. I really hate to hear that. Prayers out to everyone effected by the storms!!!

texasgirl said:
Hope she wasn't hurt, phinz!!
Bikes are so scary anyway. My sister and bil ride their Harley's everywhere. They got caught last year in Conroe, Texas in a storm and sis will NEVER ride when it's even raining anymore. Scared her to death!!

I didn't like driving a *car* in the rain while growing up in Houston. A storm in the Houston/Conroe/Katy area can turn into a frog choker *fast.*

Our prayers for all who were hurt last night, and our thanks for all who weren't.

We go surprised about 9:30 last night, everything had calmed down so I had turned the radar off and was kicked back on the couch watching TV when all of a sudden they popped out county. I was thinking the northern part of the county and since everything was moving east it wouldn't get us, but then they said "Moving South-South East at 10 Mph"... WHOA!

I flipped the radar back on and (remember how I said the dew-point was 64º?) and there was nothing...nothing... then BOOM an entire line stretching across the state heading south.

We got some rain and lightning and some 1½" hail and then it went on.

~ Raven ~

Here is a link to cnn. Down a little it will show a gallery. There are a few pics of Marmaduke, Arkansas. I guess that is the area that was hit the hardest there, Raven??

I'm thankful for all who are safe, and pray that you will remain so. I also will pray for those who were injured or worse in the storms.

I live in an area that though it is cold for 3/4 of the year, has the least number of natural disasters (including deadly storms) of any area of the North American continent. It gets cold, but not deadly cold. It gets hot, but never above 90 or so. We get rain, but never floods. We get snowed in, but not for more than a day or two. I have been without a furnace for about 4 weeks now (waiting on a part). Ceramic space heaters have been sufficient to keep my house at a liveable temperature (my wife does not agree with this last statement). It hasn't dropped below 55 inside.

Where I live, where the three greatest of the Great Lakes meet together, it is a harsh and hard land. But it doesn't rip your home apart. And I'm thankful for that.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom