Waffle House fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jd_1138

Sous Chef
I had to take a lady from church to her doctor appointment yesterday. I had missed breakfast and lunch and had an hour to kill before picking her up. So I went to Waffle House near her house.

I got the All Star breakfast which is $8. You get toast, eggs, bacon or sausage, hash browns, and a huge waffle. I had them put jalapenos in my hash browns. It was delicious. Coffee was an extra $2. Meal, coffee, $3 tip -- came to $13. I could've eaten at Bob Evans for that much, but I think Waffle House is just as good.

It's definitely faster to eat at Waffle House, and you get to see the cook work his magic on the flat top grille. I forgot about their $6 meals where you get a beverage included for free. They have like 2 eggs, bacon, toast, beverage. Or a breakfast sandwich and hash browns. Also, they have a $6 meal that comes with a double cheeseburger, hash browns, and a drink. There are like 20 meals on their $5 and $6 menus which I had forgotten about. Haven't been there in years.

wafflehouse.jpg

Last edited:
We went to 3 different Waffle Houses when we lived in Missouri..
One, in the town I lived in, was the go to place for a bunch of us grouchy old men, to gather.. We would meet up for coffee a few times a week and occasionally I would have a waffle.. I can't remember the exact price but it was cheap for a good waffle..
I'm looking forward to going to one again, when I return to MO., in January..

Ross

Waffle House is my low-rent guilty pleasure. I only eat breakfast there, and always the same thing. I sit at the "bar" when I go there alone, and watch my food get cooked. It is almost always on the road, so I'm almost eating alone. I've never actually had a waffle there. I'm a meat, potatoes and eggs guy.

I did actually see my very first Huddle House a few weeks ago in Houston, and saw another one a few days later near Port Arthur. I never knew they even existed until a couple of months ago. I think I heard about Huddle House on DC???

CD

Never got into Waffle House here in NC, because when smoking was allowed in restaurants, those places were FULL of smoke all the time. Since they were so small, there was no escaping it.

Went to one in Maryland near a hotel that I was staying at and remember it being really tasty greasy spoon fare. May give it a shot again since there isn't anymore smoking. It's definitely a popular place to hang out when bars and clubs close.

We used to go to Waffle House most Sundays when we hosted exchange students. The one by us has been a locally owned and operated franchise with much of the same clientele every week. Delicious diner food.

I'm pretty sure that there are none in Colorado, at least I've never seen one, and I've lived here since 1973. I've seen a couple in Florida, but never been in one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom