"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-19-2006, 04:34 PM   #11
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
I think it says that "this wallpaper will not sick on the wall well".

Old 02-19-2006, 04:39 PM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DEADLY SUSHI-
I think it says that "this wallpaper will not sick on the wall well".

Me too.

Old 02-19-2006, 05:01 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Okay, here's the response from the seller:

"Hi, Michelle. I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner. We have had a discussion about this because this is the second pattern that we've sold from this book that has had a problem with the paste in the past couple of weeks. This is a current wallpaper pattern that we have direct shipped from the wallpaper company's warehouse and it is definitely not old. We know for a fact that they have just recently gotten new stock of this wallpaper from the company that does their manufacturing. We are starting to think that they may have gotten some bad batches of wallpaper. They do guarantee their product so I'm thinking we can get a refund on this. Their suggested retail on this wallpaper is $63.98 per double roll so it's not cheap wallpaper. It comes from Brewster Wallcoverings and they are a very reputable company and they stand behind their product. If you can wait until we can get in touch with them tomorrow, we can let you know what we find out so we know how to proceed. If they do have a problem with the paste on all of their batch of this paper, if you still want to use the paper that you have, we can send you $10.00 to purchase some wallpaper paste and then refund the rest to you when we receive the full refund from them. I'm just not sure until we speak to them what the situation will be so if you can wait until tomorrow to hear back from us, I would really appreciate it. I am really very sorry about this, but you can rest assured that we will take care of this. I will be in touch tomorrow.

Thank You,"
Old 02-19-2006, 05:05 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl
Your very welcome!! Before you spend more on paint though. Try the adhesive if you can get it as cheap as we can. It really would be worth it, I think. If you like the pattern that much. It's pretty wallpaper for the asian look you are wanting to achieve. To do the texturing paint, it gets expensive, believe me. We did colorwash faux in our living room and you have to get 3 shades of paint and the glaze. Others you also have to buy the rollers,sponges or scrapers to do them
Those textured glazed wall treatments are very pretty Texas, but I wouldn't attempt that myself. I need to repaint the walls in off-white anyway. That's not a job I'm looking forward to. Your LR sounds beautiful.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:07 PM   #15
Master Chef

Well that sounds fair too me. Well sort of. It would be nice if the company sent you new rolls because its their mistake.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:09 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelemarie
Mish, is there high humidity in that room? I have used the adhesive before and it worked. I'm sorry for your woes. I hope you have someone helping you with this project!
Thank you Michele. It's usually bone dry out here in So California -- although we had some rain this weekend. I've done it myself before, but it was a lot easier when I was in my 20s. I'm still undecided. It's a lot to tackle - paint and paper. I'll see what the seller says tomorrow. Appreciate all the input, too.

Sushi, you little rascal You're probably right.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:10 PM   #17
Master Chef

I think your lucky to have gotten that response. That sounds very reasonable to me. As for the wallpaper. How many pieces did you put up, just the one? If they are willing to pay for your adhesive, I would do it.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:22 PM   #18
Executive Chef

Quote:
Well that sounds fair too me. Well sort of. It would be nice if the company sent you new rolls because its their mistake.
That's a good suggestion, Sushi - because I went thru an entire roll and that's $30 down the drain. Who knows if the other two rolls I bought will work. None of it stuck! Thank you.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:31 PM   #19
Master Chef

I strongly recommed calling them direct. Heres the number:
Brewster Wallcovering Co

67 Pacella Park Dr
Randolph, MA zip code
Phone: (781) 963-4800
Old 02-19-2006, 05:40 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Quote:
I strongly recommed calling them direct. Heres the number:
Brewster Wallcovering Co

67 Pacella Park Dr
Randolph, MA zip code
Phone: (781) 963-4800
Awww, thank you Sushi. That was so kind of you. I'll make a note. I found them on the web too. Nice merchandise. Let's see if the seller comes thru, so she isn't out $ too.

I was thinking about UNPASTED grasscloth to cover two etageres, but think I already bit off more than I can chew...for now. A little overwhelmed. Like a bad comedy routine. I'd put it up - then watch it fall down.