Want Windows Vista? Think Twice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up

There are some programs that showed deeply disappointing performance. Unreal Tournament 2004 and the professional graphics benchmarking suite SPECviewperf 9.03 suffered heavily from the lack of support for the OpenGL graphics library under Windows Vista. This is something we expected, and we clearly advise against replacing Windows XP with Windows Vista if you need to run professional graphics applications.
We are disappointed that CPU-intensive applications such as video transcoding with XviD (DVD to XviD MPEG4) or the MainConcept H.264 Encoder performed 18% to nearly 24% slower in our standard benchmark scenarios. Both benchmarks finished much quicker under Windows XP. There aren't newer versions available, and we don't see immediate solutions to this issue.

Windows XP vs. Vista: The Benchmark Rundown | Tom's Hardware

I have to say, that Microsofts new operating system seems (at this moment) to be a disapointment in performance. Its possible in 6 months or so, it might be as quick as Windows XP with new software patches. BUT currently there are things that still do not work on Vista. And performance is worse.

If this were a pizza, it would look great, but taste more frozen than fresh. :neutral:

tux_linux_inside.gif

lol, that reminds me of my old appartment, I used to have an "Intel Inside" sticker on my toilet seat lid :)

(I might still have the photo of it somewhere)

This post came at an interesting time. Perhaps I've just never noticed Bill Gates selling his products but he's been on several news/talk shows pushing this Vista.

I actually thought it odd when I saw him 'selling'. Maybe he's trying to counter the bad press. *shrug*

Half Baked said:
This post came at an interesting time. Perhaps I've just never noticed Bill Gates selling his products but he's been on several news/talk shows pushing this Vista.

I actually thought it odd when I saw him 'selling'. Maybe he's trying to counter the bad press. *shrug*

That's because Apple is taking Microsoft to the cleaners.

Ths coming from a PC guy. *sigh*

I've had VISTA for a few months now and it works great! I've had ZERO problems with it.

LOL... sushi, I have no idea! I turn my computer on... check in with DC, do my emailing, use Microsoft office and play a few on line games. I'm married to a "computer nerd". I'll pass your questions on to him.

Back
Top Bottom