Wanted it. Tried it. Meh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I was a kid I was allergic to cooked tomatoes. Therefore, I wasn't given ketchup on anything, or tomato based sauces. While I love a good marinara now, ketchup is something I just can't get a taste for. DH loves it on everything and goes through Costco bottles! :LOL:

I used to love crab, lobster and scallops; however now I really don't care if I have them or not. Shrimp and prawns are still high on my list, depending on how they are cooked.

Someone gave me Vienna sausages as a kid and I loved them. I would beg my mom for them and she would give in once in a while and get me a can even thought she couldn't stand the sight of them. The thought of them today makes me a bit queezy....

I think that I may be one of those people that has more tastebuds. I can drink coffee, but only light roasts and only with cream. I can taste even slight differences in coffee, give me maxwell house or folgers and I can taste a huge difference. I can't really drink Starbucks, too bitter. I cannot tolerate beer, and a wine has to be very mild for me to be able to tolerate it. I know people that just buy whatever coffee is on sale and can't taste a difference. I get lattes at It's a Grind coffee house and they are so delicious, very smooth, strong flavor with very low acidity, they are robust but no bitterness at all.

For me lobster was a big let down. I grew up in Maine and didn't try lobster until I was an adult, my family loves it and my brother-in-law was a lobster fisherman, so we got lots of free ones. I didn't enjoy it at all. I can't really stand the taste or smell of any seafood though.

Last edited:
For me lobster was a big let down. I grew up in Maine and didn't try lobster until I was an adult, my family loves it and my brother-in-law was a lobster fisherman, so we got lots of free ones. I didn't enjoy it at all. I can't really stand the taste or smell of any seafood though.

My husband was a commercial fisherman. He would bring home lobsters all the time. Once he brought home 16 lobsters. I put them in the large crisper drawer in the bottom of the fridge. Forgot all about them Until they started to smell. They were all dead. The neighbors wanted to run me out of town.

I am lobstered out. Had them all the time as a kid. Then my daughter thinking she was doing something nice for me would buy one for me when she was having dinner on the patio. The yacht club that the family belongs to has a big lobster fest every summer. When I go, I tell them "No lobster" Each person gets two. Other folks tell me "why didn't you take them and give them to someone that eats them." But I do take some of the bodies and shells home and make a seafood stock with them. :)

To be honest I've only had it once while sampling sushi. I didn't care for it at all.

I was watching extreme chef the other night and it was one of the ingredients.

Combined with other textures and flavors I might give it another shot but definitely not a fave of mine.

jharris said:
Sea urchin ugh!

Timothy, a now deceased member who was a dedicated sushi fan (and had a dedicated sushi fridge and equipment, he was quite the character, but we loved him), also said sea urchin disgusted him.

Meh for me is the sushi/sashimi at the local Chinese buffet place. It's so pretty, but no flavor. And the New Zealand green lipped mussels, meh.

I wanted to try asparagus as I never had tried it...but didnt like it and wont have it again...also Tofu...YUK!
Why Kylie yuking at asparagus? Shame on you. I roast mine in evoo after I wrap it in prosciutto and as it comes out of the oven shave parm over the top and I like to sprinkle the whole mess with evoo and white balsamic . Give it one more try there girl:LOL:
kades

Timothy, a now deceased member who was a dedicated sushi fan (and had a dedicated sushi fridge and equipment, he was quite the character, but we loved him), also said sea urchin disgusted him.

Meh for me is the sushi/sashimi at the local Chinese buffet place. It's so pretty, but no flavor. And the New Zealand green lipped mussels, meh.
Thanks for the memory of Timothy, DL. He was one of a kind. I actually think of him every time I use my bento box or eat sushi. It's amazing how someone can affect your life even though you never really met them (in person).

I had heard all kinds of good about raw oysters. Meh. Doesn't gross me out, but kinda bland and the texture leaves plenty to be desired.

Why Kylie yuking at asparagus? Shame on you. I roast mine in evoo after I wrap it in prosciutto and as it comes out of the oven shave parm over the top and I like to sprinkle the whole mess with evoo and white balsamic . Give it one more try there girl:LOL:
kades

:LOL:

Now having it that way does make it sound tempting I must say, but it is still yukky on its own just boiled :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom