Was in a minor accident

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimbaby

Executive Chef
but I have been going to therapy 3 x's a week, I miss chatting and playing games, I hope everyone is doing well...:)

Oh my......I hope it wasn't that bad. I had to do therapy after a wreak too. Muscles were pulled in my back.....thats no fun. I do hope you heal really soon.

Hope you are okay. I'd noticed I hadn't seen you, but thought perhaps you were on vacation and I had missed the thread. Glad you are back.

Good to see you here and doing better..I thought maybe you were busy and was about to PM you..Take it easy and feel better..Wrecks are no fun.

kadesma:)

Kimbaby, I was in a wreck last summer. It was all my fault.

I have periphreal neuropathy in my feet and ankles, which means they are dead stumps. I'd been scared to drive for a long time, and did it as little as possible, but one day, on my way home from the dentist, what I had worried about for a long time finally happened. I was driving a '96 Buick Century, a pretty darned good car, not that small, but easy for me to handle. My dad bought it for me.
Anyway, I attempted to stop at a stop sign, thinking my foot was on the brake, when it was actually on the excellerator. When I kept rolling out of the intersection, my first thought was that my brakes were failing, so I punched the pedal to the flour.
I broad-sided a Chevy Silverado, then his rear wheel caught my left front one, and sent me spinning. When I saw that telephone pole coming at me, my first thought, strangely, was that my newly bonded front teeth were going to get busted.
I'd been hanging on for dear life, with feet and arms pressing me back against the seat and headrest, but I was getting ready to "duck and cover", when my car finally came to a stop, a foot away from the pole.
I have degenerative disc disease and other back problems, so I wear a stainless steel chair-back brace, and I had my seatbelt on. As the car spun, I could feel the seat belt holding me in place. It was similar to being on a wild carnival ride, except this ride was for real.
I was very sore from the seat belt, but I did not have one scrape or bruise. The inside of my car looks like new. The front end did it's job, and absorbed all the impack.

That was the first ticket I ever had in my life. The young police officer, and the man I hit were both very kind. Everyone was thankful that nobody got hurt...no one more than me.

I no longer drive. It's my own choice...I could have killed someone. I never liked driving anyway...I'd rather be a passenger. But it's hard to give up that independence. Now I have to count on someone to drive me.

thanks everyone... I go for an mri on thurs. so I will know more,
I was at a stop light and was rammed from behind, it scared the mess out of me... but luckliy it was a very minor wreck. thanks again for the well wishes...

Back
Top Bottom