Watching True Blood Online? Help please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
OK folks I need a little help here.

I've read all the Sookie Stackhouse books and would like to watch True Blood. I'm trying to watch it online, if I like it, I might buy the series. I don't want to fork out the $ for it without seeing it first to see if I like it though.

I've tried watching online in a few places and I'm reluctant to Download an episode to watch and can't find a place that lets me watch free without messing around with a bunch of other stuff. If anyone has some advice or a suggestion I'd be very grateful. Thanks!

Here is the best I can do for you Alix, but let me say that it is one of the best shows on TV right now. If you liked the books then I am sure you will like the show. There are some differences (from what I have heard. I did not read the books), but they are not bad differences.

WOOHOO! YOU ROCK! I was getting sent to all these sites that wanted me to input my cell number, or were not viewable in Canada, blah blah blah. I'm off to watch now. Thanks so much GB.

My pleasure. The only problem though is I don't think you will find season one in there. I love this show though. I hate Sundays because the weekend is over, but I can't wait for Sundays to watch this show :LOL:

Be aware that anything outside of HBO showing episodes is likely illegal to download for free. I think HBO uses iTunes for buying previous episodes or you can get them on disc.

And there really are a lot of differences.

GB I'm 20 minutes into Episode 1 season 1. I'll hopefully be able to watch all of it.
YAY!

On nice! FYI, I think the show really picked up steam around episode 3 if I remember correctly.

Well I must have done something to the site because now it won't let me access any of the videos. ARGH!

You can't see the episodes here, but go to Hulu and you can watch recaps and clips which might give you an idea if you would want to buy the discs.

I got to see the first 3 episodes at least. I liked Anna Paquin as Sookie. She isn't quite how I pictured her, but good nonetheless.

Thanks for all your help GB. I think I'll go rent the first season and then decide on the rest.

I dig Anna. She is not the greatest actress I have ever seen, but she sure is easy on the eyes!

Sookie is supposed to be little, blonde, feisty and busty. Anna fits the bill in nearly every category.

I really wanted to see who they chose for Eric. He is supposed to be a giant Viking hottie. Heh heh heh.

I still don't think Eric is big enough, and when he is first around he really doesn't seem so. Pam rocks though. :)

Last edited:
Do they have Netflix in Canada? Seasons 1 and 2 are both available (DVD and BD...not instant view). Season three is only two weeks in on regular HBO, so it will be a while for it to be out on disc.

I never thought of Netflix. Is it decently priced? I could just as easily do Blockbuster.

I think 2 discs at a time and unlimited streaming is around $14 a month. Even in a rural area, if I put the discs in the mail on Monday, they get them Tuesday and I have replacements on Wednesday.

If you have an Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, Series 3 TiVo or any of a dozen or so other devices that are Netflix compatible and decent broadband, the streaming service really rocks. Thousands of movies and TV series available whenever you want to see them...all included in the price. If you don't have a connected device, you can watch on your computer, but it just isn't the same.

I think 2 discs at a time and unlimited streaming is around $14 a month. Even in a rural area, if I put the discs in the mail on Monday, they get them Tuesday and I have replacements on Wednesday.

If you have an Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, Series 3 TiVo or any of a dozen or so other devices that are Netflix compatible and decent broadband, the streaming service really rocks. Thousands of movies and TV series available whenever you want to see them...all included in the price. If you don't have a connected device, you can watch on your computer, but it just isn't the same.

Got a Wii, are you saying I can tune in to the Wii network and watch that way?

Back
Top Bottom