"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-24-2008, 01:59 AM   #1
Traveling Welcome Wagon

We are in Cereal Land

We left Illinois this afternoon (took forever to get through Chicago). We are now in Battle Creek, Michigan. I have to share what my daughter told us to do (I have a feeling she saw this on Dharma and Greg--Dharma and her best friend did this kind of thing too):

"I'm glad you guys are having a good trip. Oh do me a favor-find some kooky random place and take totally touristy pictures (like a regular gas station or something, cuz you know those weirdos deserve a pic in your photo album! Make it sound like you have really bad accents-mexican/british/canadian & deep south-and act like you've "never seen such a neat locale for a gas pump, or something" That'd be sweet! If you want, of course..M. and I used to do that when we went out all the time.. Alright, safe driving, and I'll talk to you soon!!!"

What? So, you expected my daughter to be anything but a nut like her mom?

Barbara

Old 08-24-2008, 11:45 AM   #2
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Check out is in 15 minutes. We over-slept. Imagine that!

"On the road again..." Talk to you all tonight!

Barbara
P.S. And no, I'm not going to take pictures of gas pumps, using a put-on accent! I doubt my daughter did after the age of 14 either! LOL