"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-24-2013, 10:39 PM   #1
Proud American

We Did It!

The letter now has over 300 names of it. Professors have signed of this. We have an organization! I named it TABO, the offshoot of the word "taboo," which means "forbidden."

The Anti-Bullying Organization is born! We did this! There shall be no more of bullying upon this campus. We shall fight against this bullying. Others have been bullied also, and I did not know of this.

Someone put up the pictures of the boys who ruined my Joy's tires also with their names. Some classmates have become forward to me to tell of themselves being bullied. This is a terrible thing!

I do not know of how all of this happened. When I went to school today, so very many were there to talk to me of this! So I was of the thought that there should be an organized group of this, and I spoke of this.

We were given our recognition today at 4:28pm when I went to ask of the administration. This one man understood of what we wished and he granted us of this.

I do not know of how all this happened, but I am believing no one likes bullying and somehow my circumstance of this must have created some awareness of this.

Mamma and DA are very proud. GotGarlic gave me websites of this, and I shall look of these.

I have received very many phone calls and the text messages of this all the evening.

I wanted my friends here to know of this. I am so tired; it has been quite the emotional of days. I must study more and then to go to bed.

Good night, my friends, and thank you all so very much for to be with me through this.

With love,
~Cat

Old 10-24-2013, 10:50 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I cannot tell you how proud I am of you, Cat. You are an amazing young woman. Big hugs and many cheers of support.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
Head Chef

Standing up to bullies is extremely difficult in the best of circumstances, and you had language and cultural difficulties too. (Not to mention the caring responsibilities that most of your contemporaries couldn't even comprehend.)

Very well done.

K
Old 10-24-2013, 10:54 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Wow. This is unbelievable, Cat! We are all so proud of you!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 11:39 PM   #5
Master Chef

Congrats Cat! You're a pretty cool kid. All of your efforts and work could very well prevent the next victim from NOT being a victim.

Our little Cat is growing up right before our eyes.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:12 AM   #6
Proud American

Oh I thank you all! I am ready for of my history test tomorrow. My mind seems so much of boiling!

I have my cup of chamomile tea for to relax, but it is not coming to me. The poor boy who became ill of the asthma for he was so angry of this, has called me twice. He was bullied last year. This nice boy, "C," is not healthy. And also, he is all alone of here. His family is very far away from here. These same boys who did this of my Joy called him derogatory names of being gay and bullied him also!

There is nothing wrong of being of gay or a lesbian or anything of this. One is a person. These same two boys tacked of pictures of the gay sex to the door of his room and made the fun of him. I did not know of this until he spoke of this.

You all see; these two boys are the most of horrible people. But they are gone from us now. And now as we go to forward of our purpose, there may be others who shall become off this campus also.

I am very happy of perhaps this bullying shall stop on the campus.

It is very hard of sleep tonight.

With love,
~Cat
Old 10-25-2013, 12:22 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Well done Cat.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm so happy for you and proud of you It's wonderful to see how standing up to bullies encourages so many others to come forward and tell their stories. So often, people who are bullied blame themselves and feel like they're very alone in what happened. Your school is helping those people understand that it's not their fault and they're not alone. Brava!
Old 10-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Cat, my heart is just bursting with pride for you. You may not realize it, but you have brought about a lasting social change at your school. Not just with the students but the faculty. That is a major accomplishment in your life. It can take years to bring about a social change. And you have done it in just a couple of days. All of DC is so proud of you.

You are "our Cat!" And we all love you. Cat, our newest American citizen. Good luck on that History test. I know you will ace it.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #10
Executive Chef

Well good job Cat. I'm so happy to see all of these bad things turn around for you.

And it's so refreshing to see someone make lemonade from lemons.

You are a gem!