We did it! More DCers got to meet!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
We were supposed to meet last Tuesday but Mother Nature had other ideas...a big ice storm instead, so Constance and DH (Kim) and I postponed our luncheon date.

Today was a completely different story. We had a beautiful, clear and warm day. I didn't even wear a jacket. 'Cept it was windy as all get out. So glad I brushed my hair. By the time I got home it looked as if I'd done it with an eggbeater.

We met in Paducah, kind of a halfway point for all of us. We hadn't decided ahead of time where we wanted to eat, just that it would be in the restored area of downtown. We had lots of choices and ended up selecting a new Argentine restaurant.

The restaurant was beautiful, the food was awesome and the service was impeccable. The best part of all was the "visiting" we did during our meal. We talked and talked and talked and....

While Kim went to the restroom after lunch, Connie and I were treated to a private tour of the second floor dining room. Beautiful.

After we ate, we went back near the downtown parking area, where our vehicles were, and sat on a park bench and...talked some more. We took pictures and I'll post as soon as I can figure out how to get the photos from the camera to the computer. I'm pretty sure Connie will do it before I do. (I hope so. LOL)

I had such a wonderful time and felt as though I'd known them for years. Connie is just as sweet she seems on our DC boards and her DH, Kim, is a peach, too.

When it was all said and done, we spent about 3 great hours together. I left with a full (no, make that stuffed) tummy and a beautiful strawberry-scented candle they gave me. What a treat!! We'll get together again, for sure. Especially since Kim is a barbecue cooker.

Thanks Connie and Kim for a memorable day! Love you both.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:LOL:

That is fantastic!! I've seen Paducah!! My step dad is from there. Beautiful city, as long as you don't get lost, lol.

Yay! Isn't it fun getting to know people you have only talked to here?! I'm so glad you got to meet and spend time together!

I can't wait to see the pictures!

:)Barbara

That is fantastic!! I've seen Paducah!! My step dad is from there. Beautiful city, as long as you don't get lost, lol.

Yes, Stacy, Paducah is a beautiful city. Lost? I can get lost in a paper bag with the directions written on the inside, but I don't get lost in Paducah. Maybe that's because I used to live in Washington, DC. Now...you can get lost THERE.

Why don't you come and visit some time? I'll be here.

Thats so cool you all met! Paducah is about 3 hours (??) from me.

Next time I go to Chicago, I am going to hound the Chicago DCers to meet up.

Katie, how wonderful a day all of you had. I am still waiting for the day I actually meet someone from DC.

homecook and I met, too! We are thinking it would be nice to meet again and invite JoeV and Middie. We all live fairly close to one another.

One of these days we should all meet out in Vegas and have a DC convention like convab.

Now that would be fun.........

That is soooo cool Katie!!! This past January, I got to meet a friend of mine that I met on a Chihuahua forum. She lives in Canada and happened to be coming to Austin Texas for a convention. I flew down there to meet her. It was great!

Toots, if I remember correctly you're in the Cincinnati/Covington area. That's about 300 miles from Paducah. You must drive like my younger brother. He could make it in 3 hours.:ROFLMAO:

No, it would take me much longer than 3 hours - maybe 5! I am not a fast driver, I'm more along the lines of old lady/Sunday driver.

You could also do regional meetings. One of my fly fishing forum communities does what they call Fish-Ins, where people all meet at one spot for a week of fishing, food & fun. Some stay at the meeting facility and others camp or stay at other lodgings. I attended the Michigan Fish-In in 2008 & 2007, and was amazed to find people attending from Ohio, Ontario Indiana, Illinois, Tennessee, Kentucky and even the state of Washington. They also hold them in Florida, Pennsylvania, Idaho and Washington, with plans to add other states in the next couple of years.

If someone could find a way of coordinating a meeting where foodies could ply their trade for several days, that would be a real bonus. Maybe take over a resort's kitchen. LOL

Isn't it great putting faces to names after talking to people for so long ?
We had a lovely time ! Would love to do it again !!

I guess I'm a little late getting on line...when I got home, I had to have a nap! We had a wonderful time...that's the farthest I've ventured from home in a long while, but it was important to me to meet Katie, and we couldn't have had a more beautiful day at this time of year. And wow! What a restaurant!

Katie, Kim says, "Thank You," for the compliment. I think he kinda liked being called a peach. We think you're pretty fine, too, and are looking forward to seeing you again.

For those of you who don't know Katie well, she is just as you would imagine: Attractive, friendly, intelligent, down to earth and lots of fun! We were so comfortable together that she could have been my best friend from high school.

I know you are all waiting for the picture...Katie's are probably better.

*Note: I don't use a wheel chair very often, but had to do more walking than I was able today. Please don't picture me in a wheel chair.

Attachments

• Katie and me.jpg
    Katie and me.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 175
Back
Top Bottom