We had to put our 16 year old cat to sleep tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has Sushi had a blood test? It might be able to determine what is wrong with her and is possibly the cheapest way to find out. They may be able to keep her going then also with an injection or two until you are at least be able to get home and see her. Also as a thought, my 21 year old is very subjective to the weather. You think she is on her last legs for a while and then the weather changes (or something in her life does!!) and she perks up enough to get some enthusiasm back. Summers and winters are not her friends but as soon as it gets to her idea of what's right, out she comes from under the bed and makes her presence felt. Sometimes they just need a reason to fight again. Tammy finds hers with an aircon and an oil heater!! LOL I am hoping that Sushi finds hers too.

Vet

My dog's doctor always sends me a sympathy card saying that I loved my pet so much I was the one to have to let go. It is true! If they are in pain, as with a relative, and death is a blessing to let them go have peace. I feel such a void for the ones I had to put down. I remember most of them. All were not able to find rest. such heartache to see them struggle.

As the days go by you will think of him less and less. Never ever forget but time has a way of healing our pain. Allow your tears to flow when they will. Don't hold back.

I will continue to say my prayers that your pain will be relieved and that you will find joy in new life. Thanks for sharing.

all the pictures are so 'special'. No two alike.

Sorry to hear about your kitty, expat. I've had Siamese cats most of my life and can't say enough good things about them. Porky, the one we put to rest with my son's R2-D2 towel was a Siamese. I hope Sushi gets a "second wind" and stays around to warm your hearts for a long, long while ahead.

My heart breaks for you. I had to put my best friend Shiloh down before Christmas. She was a massive and beautiful Rotti. I miss her everyday. I picture her chasing cats in heaven.

Gosh, you guys are wonderful........I'm going to cry again.......thanks for all the support......I will tell my d-i-l to take her to the vet again and run more tests....she's worth it for the years of love and broken knick-knacks that she's killed while hunting "prey", not to mention how she worms her way under the covers and then purrs between the legs

I am so sorry for your loss. Our furry friends are family to most of us. It's so hard when you have to say goodbye.
I hope time will heal the hurt and only produce memories of fun and happiness.

Back
Top Bottom