We just had Carolers!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raven

Sous Chef
For the first time in the nearly 20 years we've lived here, we had folks from our church show up Caroling!! It was so sweet!!

Took me a bit my surprise LOL!

~ Raven ~

How wonderful! I, being a proclaimed sentimental sap, tear up at happy things like that! Such a simple notion, can warm your heart so much!

How wonderful Raven,
That makes the Reason for the season even more special...

kadesma

OH me too :D It was so cute!! One of the men from our church (Mom knew him but I didn't (blush) and his wife and 4 teenage daughters! LOL!

I told Mom "now there's a man who needs a fishing trip" hee hee hee

Unfortunantly I haven't started my holiday baking yet so I didn't have any gingerbread men or cookies or even candy-canes (we stopped buying those years ago) but I did have basket full of Hershey's Miniatures that we passed around. Mom handed them the basket and said "Trick or Treat" LOL!!

~ Raven ~

did they stop singing when you cocked the shotgun before opening the door?
i'll bet it was an inspired performance, huh raven?

I've given up on pointing guns at them, I've found that a bucket of water from the second story window above the porch is MUCH more entertaining!! :devilish: :ROFLMAO: :devilish:

John

How special Raven :) We had some last year in Dublin too, a group of kids from the local Catholic church. I think caroling is such a sweet occurance that really needs to be revived.

Oh, poop on bucky and ronjohn. whatsamattayou? doncha like music? Wait til I show up caroling at your doors, and I ain't just bringin sheet music wit' me, if ya get my drift..........................

You know, carolers are sweet and all, and I never actually had them at my door... but I am not sure if I would really enjoy that to be honest, I mean, not intending to be a Scrooge, but wouldn't it be sort of embarassing? What am I supposed to do, how am I to behave while they are belting out the carols in my face? Probably it will feel like forever!! Blame it on my typical virgo side being cynical!!:-p (but believe me I wouldn't behave like bucky or Ronjohn that is a promise!!:mrgreen: )

We always have carol singers every year. It wouldn't be Christmas without them!

I serve mulled wine for the adults, warmed fruit punch for the younger ones and hot mincepies. I also give a donation to the collection bucket they carry. One gives the money to needy children in the city, another to foreign missions and the other one chooses a new charity every year.

They usually start with 'Here we come a-wassailling'...:)

Living in the country, we don't have carollers either. A very nice family that lives near my mother visits her each Christmas season and sings for her. They always have a wonderful garden and bring things to her. Also they have lots of blueberries and pack some in freezer bags for her. They are such a great family and do lots of things together. She used to serve them cookies and cocoa, but is no longer able to do that. She has macular degeneration and can't see well enough to prepare much.

Licia - your mother's neighbours sound wonderful! I am sure that they won't mind not getting the cocoa..... She must be a nice woman for them to make such an effort at Christmas-time.:)

mudbug said:
Oh, poop on bucky and ronjohn. whatsamattayou? doncha like music? Wait til I show up caroling at your doors, and I ain't just bringin sheet music wit' me, if ya get my drift..........................

Uh-oh Bucky, I think we're busted! :ROFLMAO:

HEY! At least it's usually WARM water!

John

buckytom said:
yeah, but you say that when we stand next to you in the pool in the summer, too. :)

Oh sure, the first sign 'o trouble, and you're ready to cut and run!

Fine! I'll just give all the cider to luvs! :-p

John

buckytom said:
you haven't seen 'bug's wrath now, have you.

be afraid, be very afraid...

No way, she'd be distracted by all the sparkly wine bottles! :angel:

Before she knew it, she's be at the front door telling the nice folks she wants a photo (Right as the water hits 'em!) :devilish:

John

ronjohn, you naughty kitten. You shall have zero pie from me this Christmas.

Now, who's handing out the wine? When do I start singing? (that's something to be very afraid of, bucky)

Back
Top Bottom