"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-17-2006, 09:40 AM   #21
Executive Chef

Relate

I can see how everyone can relate to this kind of pain. Don't know if losing a pet or someone in the family is any different. My one brother who has had many disappointments in life, more than his share, loves any kind of bird or animal. He knows how he is secure w/them and will not feel rejected. The vet told him his cat has cancer in the mouth. Only 3-4 years old. Like a baby. Now he seems to be suffering more than the cat . No one can tell him it is time, he has to decide that. Just as you did by holding on until you knew she wasn't living her life.

i do hope we all get to see our pets again. Even the hamsters I once had. The love they show is so strong. Losing her at this time will always be remembered. One of my dogs was put to sleep day after Christmas. I remember her coming to my door that morning as if to tell me she was ready. She wasn't getting up off her bed anymore but that day she surprised me. Seemed she was accepting what needed to be done. Yea, I won't forget that time. Sure hope you have someone near who will understand your loss and give you assurance you need that you did the most loving thing for her.

As I said, pets are family to me anyway. They are important and necessary.

Old 12-17-2006, 10:06 AM   #22
Master Chef

Michele, I hope you feel peace quickly in knowing that he's in a good place and can run and jump again. I know too many people don't believe this, but, I whole heartedly do!!!

Old 12-17-2006, 10:13 AM   #23
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Thank you all so much. I have his collar -it broke three weeks ago, in 18 years, never did one of his collars break-could it be a sign or am I reaching?
Old 12-17-2006, 10:14 AM   #24
Executive Chef

I am so sorry. It is not any different losing a human or pet, the greiving process is the same. I hope you feel better soon.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:30 AM   #25
Head Chef

Sorry to hear your news Michelemarie. I'm really attached to all my cats and was devastated when I had to have one put down in April. I know how you feel. When you feel ready, not now, get some old photos out and smile when you remember the joy he gave you.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:39 AM   #26
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf
Hugs to you Michellemarie - you know that cat is sitting at the biggest window there is looking at the biggest flock of bird's he's EVER seen!!!!!
...and this time, he can go after them!

sendng you hugs, Michelemarie, and better days. I cannnot imagine life without my Julia.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:39 PM   #27
Everymom

Oh Michele I'm so sorry. You did the humane thing. Much love and hugs winging your way.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:17 PM   #28
Sous Chef

I am so sorry for your loss :o( I completely understand how you feel and as everyone has said, you did the right thing. Even though you were happy having your pet alive, she was miserable and you helped relieve her of that misery. Your cat loves you more now than ever because you helped her out the best way that you could. Best of luck to you in your time of recovery.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:34 PM   #29
Sous Chef

Send a message via MSN to Lynan
Rainbow Bridge

Thinking of you Michelemarie, and I send lots of warm (((((hugs))))) your way.

Lyn
Old 12-17-2006, 05:51 PM   #30
Head Chef

I am so sorry for your loss and I know you will feel peace in knowing that he is in a better place.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote