We made the paper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats, Raine! That's so great!

All I'm getting is a membership sign up page. I have a feeling you must register to be able to read through the paper. Could you copy the article onto your thread?

Sure. I forget about the registering part. For such sites just go to "Don't Bug Me" site and you can get around that.

Barbecue champs

EB's Bar-B-Que championship cooking team, which is based in Charlotte and has competed in barbecue cooking contests for years, is slated to open a restaurant Tuesday at 633 Indian Trail Road South in Indian Trail. Pronounced "Eb's," the name combines E for Earl Pinyan and B for Brian Elkins, the founding members of the team. They first paired up to cook at Elkins' father's church in 1997 and have been competing since, noteworthily finishing first in ribs at the Blue Ridge Barbecue Festival in '92 and fifth in both pork and chicken in the 2003 Jack Daniels World Championship Invitational Barbecue. Here, they plan to serve pork, chicken and brisket, plus a barbecue-and-cheese-stuffed potato and sides: beans, slaw, potato salad and more. Lunch and supper Tuesday-Saturday, about $2 to $8, plus a barbecue buffet for $6.49 at lunch and $7.49 at supper. (704) 821-6958.

Now thats cool!

Cheers
00000004.gif

Ya know, being the joker that I am, I love to poke fun at y'all down South. But Rainee, you are proof that there are high quality people in every place on this planet. Congrats on your new restaurant. Wish it was close enough for me to visit. That'd be a trip worth taking :mrgreen: .

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Raine, Best wishes for all the success in the world - now when I plan my annual 'go to the mountains' trip, I'll definitely have to reroute to drive by Charlotte!

Back
Top Bottom