Web Browsing Tip for IE7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keltin

Washing Up
Heh – As an Engineer, I should have known this before now, but then again, we all get set in our ways. Teaching an old dog new tricks is hard, not impossible, but it can be hard.

Anyway, if you’re using Internet Explorer 7 that supports Tabbed viewing of multiple web pages, and you have a mouse with a center clickable wheel (the wheel is used for scrolling, but pushing down on it activates the PBNO switch there), then you can use a new feature in IE7.

Simply put the mouse cursor on the link you wish to open and hit the wheel button. It automatically opens in a new tab without taking you away from your primary page. This is much quicker than right clicking and going to “Open in New Tab”. You can also close any open tab by putting the mouse pointer on the Tab and clicking the wheel button (but this doesn’t work if it is the LAST tab….primary page in your browser).

I have no idea why it took me this long to find this feature, but it makes browsing “New Posts” here at DC a LOT faster. I can “wheel click” all the new posts and open multiple tabs for viewing once they have all been selected. I’m spoiled now.

If you’re using FireFox that also supports Tabbed browsing (long before IE did at that) give it a shot and see if it works. It might. MS isn’t known for coming up with a lot of ideas from scratch! For Apple users….sorry, I don’t know!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom