Weekend plans 10/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
I seem to start these threads every week but I like them. I like to hear about what's going on during your weekend.

That being said, what are your big plans?

I don't know what we'll be doing tomorrow. I'd like to go to the farmer's market but that would mean driving into town twice since I have rehearsal in the evening. Our show is starts a week from today. :eek: I very well just stay home most of the day and surprise dh with apple galettes. He loves em. Sunday we have a long tech rehearsal and dh is going to help a friend build a shed. Not much going on but it'll be hectic, I'm sure.

This is the show I'm performing in. No that's not me in the picture. I am on the posters hanging up around town. It's kinda weird seeing myself plastered all over town.
http://mail01.mail.com/scripts/mail/getattch.mail?folder=Trash&msg_uid=1160757524&partsno=2

Attachments

• brdc_inaugural_performance.jpg
    brdc_inaugural_performance.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Corazon, that is too cool!

I want to go to the Blessing of the Animals at the church. Oh no, dogs in costumes! :LOL:

Coldest nose?....my pups could win in a heartbeat at about midnight.

faire.jpg

Painting again this weekend. Last weekend I primed the walls. My MIL wanted to help so today she was over my house painting. I just got an email from my wife that she actually messed up though and was using the primer instead of the paint :LOL: so i will be using the actual paint tomorrow or Sunday.

Looks like I'll be doing a lot of winterizing this weekend. This big old house (built in 1880) needs a lot of TLC when seasons change. We'll have a load of firewood delivered, probably next week, which is how we heat most of the areas we use on the first floor. There are three floors. I said it was big.

I buttoned down the last of my veggie garden this morning, so that's done. I planted my rosemary in a large pot this year. I'm glad because I will be able to bring it inside. Love cooking with rosemary.

Might also make the linen change-over from nice cooling percale to warm flannel. That means I'll also put the electric blanket on our bed. Haven't taken those off the bed in one of the guest rooms since no one's stayed in that room in a year. At least that task is done.

Some of the windows on the second floor have to have the plastic film replaced to chase away drafts. The film originally put on in 1994 has lasted quite well. My brother says this house's drafts have drafts and I agree. Still love it, warts and all.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!:LOL:

It will be quiet this weekend. DH is having surgery this morning and the kids and I decided to forgo the sunday dinner so he could just rest and not do the thousand things he does everyday:) So, any cooking will be for two instead of a dozen and it will be light and easy. Or,what he feels like he can eat and enjoy...It's Pa's weekend
kadesma

Working again this weekend.:mad:
I took a turkey out of the freezer today to thaw in the fridge while I'm gone.
I hope it will be ready by Tuesday.

JohnL said:
Working again this weekend.:mad:
I took a turkey out of the freezer today to thaw in the fridge while I'm gone.
I hope it will be ready by Tuesday.

:LOL: We all know exactly what you mean!

corazon90 said:
I am on the posters hanging up around town. It's kinda weird seeing myself plastered all over town.

do they look anything like this, cora?

clyde_barrow_02.jpg

i'm not sure what we're doing this weekend. i'm working 19 hours, maybe more saturday. they asked me to come in sunday, but dw said no way. i asked what, and she said she didn't know, but i'm not working.
i'd really like to take her and my boy and go for a hike/picnic.

Last edited:
corazon90 said:
...It's kinda weird seeing myself plastered all over town.

We don't like seeing you plastered either. Think of the children and cut back on booze a bit.

Gosh, where to start? The thrills never end here on the sunny shores of the Mediterranean ...

The official Changing Of the Summer Clothes will begin, which will mostly entail having boxes of winter clothes all over the house for about two weeks. Two weeks during which the temperature is bound to take a sudden leap upward again, just to keep us nuts.

Then of course, there will be my usual Sunday of ironing. That I have the latest season of Sopranos on DVD will help somewhat, but ...

May make the first bread of the season (if anybody thinks I bake during summers of heat in the high 90's, low 100's ... think again) now that there's this scrumptious chill in the air.

pdswife said:
Home alone....

Does that mean TV, a fire and junk food? If so, enjoy!

Sofie's been under the weather all week so my hope is that we can have a happy, relaxing weekend where we ALL can nap a bit! We have very little planned. If it warms up we'll probably make a couple trips to the park and do some yard work. I'm also hoping DH will take Sof for a while and I can scrub the kitchen floor (woo-hoo, fun for me!).

I`ll be looking after my 16 month old daughter whilst the wife goes shopping, then I`ll be off to my allotment garden, do some more weeding, harvesting more Chilis, Carrots and squashes, then I`ll sit in my shed and listen to my program on the radio whilst consuming Beer with my feet up on the top of my gas fire :)

as for Sunday, I`ll be at the same place but in a more official capacity trying to organise a bonfire/fireworks/food fest for Nov 5`th, and making D@mn sure that I`m not doing it all entirely on my own this year!

Ever tried to keep kids away from a fire whilst cooking and serving food AND trying to keep a pyrotechic display going for 40+ people!???

this Sunday, it`s either Help me this time, or NO Party!

sorry to hear sofie's sick, pab. i can sympathize.

just wait 'till she gets old enough to ride you like a horse.

my son thinks it's fun to ride daddy as he scrubs the floor on all fours, or uses the carpet cleaner to remove spots from the carpet.
i don't mind really, at least i can pay attention to doing a good job, and i know where he is.

I bought three large pumpkins today, so my husband will be carving those for Halloween. I'll be weatherizing the house...putting clear plastic on some of our drafty windows. Probably clean up the garden too, and the usual stuff like groceries, and laundry.

I'm hoping it is going to be a restful weekend. It seems like I've been on the go all day for the past 10 or 12 days and we leave midweek to clean the farm house in preparation for my mother's birthday party right after Thanksgiving. I'm not issuing any invitations and I think dh is going over to help a friend on his barn on Saturday so I may be able to rest as much as I want.

Tomorrow still more packing and moving stuff. I have done about a dozen runs between London and Somerset because the removers keep postponing and everytime I am up in Town I think I might as well bring stuff back. I think that by the time the movers arrive I will have done it all! lol. I haven't brought back any of the breakables, the appliances or the books....mainly because we live in a walk up....the top floors of a town house...floors 3,4,5 (which in USA would be 4,5 and 6!) I have filled one of my parents attics with our stuff and I am about to start on the other one.

Sunday I don't know what I am doing, but I think I might go and enjoy Autumn somewhere and have a good long walk. I am really going to be homesick when I am out of UK so I might as well make the most of it. And my parents have friends over for lunch so I think I would like to clear out and give them some space.

I have been to animal blessings Half Baked...and they are lovely. Have a great time! I used to go to ours on one of my ponies when I was younger.

Hope everybody has a good weekend!

PA Baker said:
Does that mean TV, a fire and junk food? If so, enjoy!

Sofie's been under the weather all week so my hope is that we can have a happy, relaxing weekend where we ALL can nap a bit! We have very little planned. If it warms up we'll probably make a couple trips to the park and do some yard work. I'm also hoping DH will take Sof for a while and I can scrub the kitchen floor (woo-hoo, fun for me!).

well, it would have... BUT,
it seems like all the neighbor are up in arms about the BEAR
so we have a friend coming over to try to get it. He'll be around
all weekend so, I'll have to be up and about. ( I'll have to have some junk
food though) lol.

Hope the baby feels better soon!

I hope Sofie's feeling better soon PA!

My weekend all depends on if I can find an easy recipes for green tomato relish or pickels. If I do, then I'll be making those. If not, I'll be bathing the dog, scrubbing the bathrooms, replacing the outlets in the den (unless I can con hubby into doing it tonight), cleaning the ceiling fans, washing the walls, & maybe even cleaning the windows. I sure hope I find that recipe, I'd much rather be in the kitchen putting up tomatoes!!

Saturday between 1pm and 3pm the Hewlett Packard Technician is coming over to install a new modem for me.

He was here on Friday but the modem that was sent to him is a much higher quality and in order to be installed it needs a CD.

It all started about a month ago when I went into Internet Explorer and then after I started replying to threads it closed down and went back to the Internet Explorer page and said error cannot something browser. I called up HP and I was on the phone for approximately 2 hours on my cell phone since I have dial up. We ran a lost of tests and finally because of 4 FAILs and error codes he said I needed a new modem.

Now that the tech is coming I am having no problem getting to DC.

Sunday my girlfriend and I are going through travel brochures because we want to take a trip.

Thats my weekend.

Back
Top Bottom