"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-23-2006, 12:19 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Weekend Weather

Looks like we might be having a white christmas. Though it's hovering around freezing, so that snow might turn into rain. The forecast says snow is likely through most of the week.

Et tu?

Old 12-23-2006, 04:05 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Snow? No such luck for us. If you get lots, corazon, send us some. Really warm here today, about 50. Sunny and clear. Same is predicted for tomorrow with a slight chance of showers. Monday is supposed to be colder and just the remotest chance of flurries late in the day. We have not had a white Christmas here in years and years. It sure would be nice to have one for a change.

Old 12-23-2006, 05:02 PM   #3
Executive Chef

As much as I would like a white Christmas, our weather is suppose to be in the 40's and sunny, so I'll take that considering we usually get six months of cold weather and lots of snow.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:09 PM   #4
Head Chef

The weekend weather in the San Fernando Valley in Southern California is going to be in the 70's. I am really looking forward to it and there is no rain in the forecast.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:39 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Sunny, warm and clear. Just right for Christmas in my garden.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:47 PM   #6
Executive Chef

Wasabi, I can't imagine Christmas being that warm, though I like the thought of a winter vacation your way Have you ever been in a cold climate and saw snow? I just wonder that since I am wishing for a warm vacation your way, do you wish for a cold vacation? Probably not
Old 12-23-2006, 08:05 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Yes, I've played in the snow many times and I just love it. It is my dream to have a white christmas, just once. Christmas eve and Christmas Day we will have a high of 81.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:20 PM   #8
Cook

The forecast is for a nice day Sunday and rain on Christmas. Highs of about 50º and lows of about 40º both days.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:40 PM   #9
Head Chef

If I never see another snowflake in my life I will be happy.

Sure the stuff is pretty as it comes down, and the world looks as pretty as a picture, but shovelling and driving through it gets very tiresome.

Remember one year the piles of snow became so high I thought we could not dig ourselves out from another storm.

Just could not toss the snow that high. And we were much younger then.

Once we are retired, it can snow all it wants to. Will sit back in front of the fire, take a sip of an appropriate adult beverage, and just take in the wonder of it all.

And feel very sorry for all of those who actually have to do something with all that white stuff.

Right now, global warming suits me just fine.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:08 PM   #10
Executive Chef

If I could send you a snowball I would Wasabi, but we dont have snow yet, that should change soon though.

Veloce, if you have rain coming your way on Sunday, then we should be getting your weather soon, assuming we dont get a wind from Canada!

Auntdot, count me in as one of those that has to shovel all of this snow, which is why I dont look forward to it very much, but it's nice for Christmas. Driving in it....depends on your road crews there, but our city pretty much keeps it clean and salted/sanded for the most part.

One year our snow was as high as the upper limbs of a 20 year old crab apple tree. Shoveling was hard at that level!