Weird Dog Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm sorry to bring this up around dinnertime, but I'll forget otherwise.

Why does my older female dog try to hump the younger male dog on occasion?

And what tastes so good that they have to lick the insides of each other's ears so often?

As for your first observation, I make no comment, considering the source.

As to your second observation, I am in total agreement.

As for the female, somewhere within their smell, there is a dog in heat. Yes, females will act just as stupid as males will.
As to the ears, they are grooming each other, or, one may have an infection. If you haven't noticed, dogs will smell out a sore on you in a second and want to to lick it. It is their nature to clean a wound and groom each other.

Dominance...she's all about keeping him in line (and getting a little out of line while she's at it). As for the licking, has he had any infections? Texasgirl hit it on the nose, although they will do it as a form of affection as well.

My female dog gets "friendly" with our male cat ALL the time! The dog gets frustrated and even tries to crawl under the cat (actually saw the cat hanging off the dogs back one time with not one paw touching the ground with a "what the heck" look on its face) and the cat is just happy it's getting attention and rubbed! And yes, the dog was spayed at the appropriate age.

My Chloe has been spayed, but she still humps her teddy bear. When our son was here from Florida, he brought their male Chihuahua, and he humped the teddy bear too.
Chloe showed her dominance, as dogs do, by getting him down by the throat. He showed his respect by laying very still, on his back with his belly exposed.
They made friends very quickly, and she eventualy let him lay next to her on "her couch". He showed his appreciation by grooming her ears, face and neck. But he did pay particular attention to her left ear, which gives her some trouble with wax build-up.

We've got 4 dogs - 2 boys and 2 girls. The black female is the Empress, Fancie. The fawn female is the ditzy dainty Princess Daisy. We've also got a black male, Walter, and a fawn male, Frodo. Fancie grooms everyone but Walter. Daisy humps Frodo's head. Sometimes Frodo will try to hump Daisy. Daisy and Frodo play tug 'o' war. Fancie's too regal to play much. Walter just thinks he's God Almighty and ignores most everyone unless it's time to show Frodo who's boss (usually at mealtime). Then they all climb on their little dog bed and sleep in a pile. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

:sick: Fancie licks ears and front leg-pits! Yuck!:sick:

The alpha dog is trying to show that she IS alpha, hence the humping.

The ear licking, our female does it now and then to our male. She is just being the "mom".

LOL! To the humping.

As far as the ear thing, I had a cat that LOVED Earwax...orsomething. He would lick my ear hole constantly, if I let him. Got to the point that if I pushed him away, he would get PI$$ED!

Weren't there Harry Potter ear wax jelly beans? Maybe they need to consider selling those at Petsmart? I'm there with ya Mud, our female does the same thing. Hey, even female dogs have a need to tease and torment their boy toys like us human counterparts!! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom