"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-18-2007, 08:16 PM   #31
Senior Cook

My cat likes to drink out of the toilet and if the lid is down he'll climb into the bathtub and drink the little bit of water around the drain. Sometimes he gets worried about me when i go into the shower so he follows and i have to pretend i'm getting back out and then quickly get back in before he realizes what's going on.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:27 PM   #32
Executive Chef

One of my cats cries while I shower if he realises I'm in there. He sits just on the bath mat, outside the curtin.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:03 PM   #33
Executive Chef

Our grey striped cat Snoopy likes to drink out of the bathroom sink so we leave a it dripping a little his head gets wet but he doesn't care he used to be facinated with the toilet flushing he would stand over toilet and his head would go round and round watching the water flush.I once found him asleep the bathroom sink in the middle of the night.He has a foot fetish he likes to rub on our feet when we are sleeping and then starts biting our toes and he loves when DH gets out of the shower in the morning to rub on his feet.When he was a kitten we would find the the toilet paper unraveled from the back bathroom all the way down the hall or rip a roll off paper towels shredded beyond belief.
My boxer mix Daisy Duke(the little puke) I taught to ring a wireless door bell chime I put it at her eye level and she learned how the first night when I showed her I tried to teach her to use her paw but dogs dont know how to push with a paw so she uses her little nose.She has been ringing for about 3 years now the other 2 dogs never caught on but she will ring for them.The down side is it can become a pain in the butt cause she ding dongs all the time.If you dont let her in quick enough its ding dong,ding dong,ding dong
Old 11-18-2007, 10:39 PM   #34
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
Sometimes he gets worried about me when i go into the shower so he follows and i have to pretend i'm getting back out and then quickly get back in before he realizes what's going on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilby
One of my cats cries while I shower if he realises I'm in there. He sits just on the bath mat, outside the curtin.
My cats Ariel and Amy (sisters, both gone now) used to stand in the tub, at the end, while I took a shower, as long as I had the shower head adjusted so that the water didn't hit them (other than an occasional spritz)!

Barbara
Old 11-18-2007, 11:33 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Omg Bucky I'm lmao over here. Love your bird already !!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 12:16 AM   #36
Sous Chef

Send a message via ICQ to Gossie Send a message via Yahoo to Gossie
I hope you all don't mind, I copy and pasted BT's post about his African Grey. I sent it to my cousin, thought he would get a kick out of it. HE DID!!! He has 2 African Grey's. One of them swears like a sailor (no offense to sailors). In the summer, he says, he can't keep his window open. When we walks across the street to get a newspaper, his Grey swears (LOUDLY) and people walking by the house look up at the window. I know it's somewhat embarassing for my cousin, but I think it's hilarious!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 05:41 AM   #37
Master Chef

Bucky, your story is even funnier when read aloud. I repeated it to my son and his wife and we were all on the floor rolling. Maybe you can post a picture of him.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:30 AM   #38
Sous Chef

Send a message via ICQ to Gossie Send a message via Yahoo to Gossie
Yea BT, you have to post a picture or a video of him in action!!!! I LOVE IT!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 01:31 PM   #39
Master Chef

Ok, Binks is the KING of weird habits.

He goes bonkers for toothpicks, empty toilet paper rolls, and Bic lighters when he can find them.

He loves the smell of Burt's Bee's Lip Balm and will roll on it.

He loves dragging around specific articles of clothing out of the wash piles, I will leave it at that!

Binks and Boots know the meaning of "go wash", "muchies", and "pizza". Binks knows when we have ordered pizza and stand vigil at the door til the poor guy arrives.

He also know how to trick you into getting you up to feed him. If you don't respond to his pleas right away, he will run to the door like he needs to go outside, then as soon as you get up, he runs to the food bowl! Smart little dude he is!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 01:33 PM   #40
Master Chef

OH... and I love reading all about your pet habits... these are just to funny!!!!