Weird Pet things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my old dog, scooter, used to lick the blazing hot shelf of the oven after my mom would take a roast out.
as she was bringing the roast to the table, you'd hear "tsss tsss tsss tsss".
i guess she liked the taste of her own tongue, just slightly seared.

my maine coon has "relations" with mine and my wife's sweaty clothes. he drags them out of the hamper and makes some really weird growls as he mashes them with his front paws, getting busy with the other end. it's really gross.

the other cats fight over who gets to sleep in my jeans while they're still warm after i've taken them off and tossed them on the bed. they love it when i make the seat of the pants into a bed.

Our dog Pippen can't stand balloons. I don't know what it is about them, but she'll bark loudly and uncontrollably at them until we take them somewhere else.

Our cat Elwing doesn't like to go through the pet door to the sunroom where the litter box and food bowl are (I think she's too chubby), so she'll sit near the door and "talk" to us till someone opens the door for her.

My dog barks all the time. He was never like that until all of my neighbors got dogs.
The only thing is when Rocky barks he won't friggin stop !!!!!!

My dog barks all the time. He was never like that until all of my neighbors got dogs.
The only thing is when Rocky barks he won't friggin stop !!!!!!

Is he a hound? There are a bunch of hounds around us and when they hear a siren, they all answer it, but our black Lab pays no attention.

All right, who else thinks their animals are psychic? As a general rule, I don't believe in that stuff, but I swear, when DH is about 30 seconds from home, Pippen will jump off the couch, or up from the floor, and run to the front window, prop herself on the radiator, and wait for him. Sure enough, he pulls up in front of the house soon after. She couldn't have heard his SUV from that far away, could she? With the windows closed? Crazy dog :cool:

No Gg Rocky is a yellow lab. Like I stated before he never used to do it until all of my neighbors decided that they were going to get dogs too.
Oh and Rocky knows when I'm on my way home too. He'll hear my car when I'm down the street and run to the door barking and whining until I walk in.

i could tell stories about my african grey all day.

you should never allow a young guy in his early twenties to have such a pet.

he swears like a sailor, as my friends used to think it was funny to teach him. now, so many years later, i have to worry about what he's teaching my son.

he loves to imitate voices, as well as sounds.
whenever someone gets a new car alarm or there's construction vehicles backing up, you're sure to hear it repeated for months afterwards.

when an old buddy - a heavy smoker - used to visit, my grey would start this little smoker's cough, then laugh out loud in this great belly laugh, imitating both my buddy's habit, and his response to the imitation.
the imitation of the gurgle of, umm, a water pipe followed by coughs was also pretty funny.

when i used to go out with my friends to a bar, he seemed to know when we indulged too much. as soon as the sun broke over the horizon, he begin imitating the sound of a person vomiting, then the toilet flushing.

years ago, i dated 2 girls at the same time for about a period of 2 years. when one would come over, he'd purposely imitate the other one's voice, and well, moans. and with the other, vise versa. i truely think he was just screwing with me.

he can imitate the sound of the phone ringing so perfectly that i'll run in from the garden, only to hear him stop and chuckle. i now listen to the periodicity of the ring to tell if it's him or not. little bastid.

he still imitates my now deceased mil, perfectly, so it's really creepy and worse, it makes me very sad to hear her voice in the house again.

his latest work is to imitate my son. i'm kind of happy about that. i'll always be able to hear my son's voice at this age, calling "daaaady".
and he still imitates my mom when offered a peanut, simply saying "hello'. but it's her voice, exactly.

BT, I love your Grey!!! :) I really do!!!! Please tell more stories!!!

My cousin has a few birds, his Greys aren't quite as 'lively' as yours is. :)

Funny bird and funny stories, BT---you really should videotape him!

Another cat story:
Our 14lb. cat, Liono, knew that the quickest way to be let inside was to jump and hang onto the window screens. Nothing deterred him---not even a super-duper loaded watergun. A few years later we moved to another home 3 states away that had its screens stored in the attic. I was in the midst of hanging them when the brain cells finally kicked in and I realized what a stupid thing I was doing. So I put them away and finished getting the house ready for the final move-in the next day. Next day: I'm in the kitchen.......Liono is outside. Liono wants inside. Liono does what Liono does best. Liono hits the screen running. Or at least what he thinks is the screen. Liono slowly slides right off the window. Liono looks perplexed-----hmmm what happened? Maybe it's the paws...no problem a quick wash with the tongue will do the job. Liono then hits the window again and down slowly he goes. Hmmm what happened. Oh, I know--wrong window--let's try the one above the sink. So up he goes and down he goes only this time he grabs the runner that the window is set in and all that can be seen are his claws holding on for dear life and his totally stunned face staring at me. Look on Liono's face? Priceless. Did he stop? Yes....eventually (remember this is Liono) Did owner laugh? OMG yeah!!

My cat likes to drink out of the toilet and if the lid is down he'll climb into the bathtub and drink the little bit of water around the drain. Sometimes he gets worried about me when i go into the shower so he follows and i have to pretend i'm getting back out and then quickly get back in before he realizes what's going on. :)

:)Our grey striped cat Snoopy likes to drink out of the bathroom sink so we leave a it dripping a little his head gets wet but he doesn't care he used to be facinated with the toilet flushing he would stand over toilet and his head would go round and round watching the water flush.I once found him asleep the bathroom sink in the middle of the night.He has a foot fetish he likes to rub on our feet when we are sleeping and then starts biting our toes and he loves when DH gets out of the shower in the morning to rub on his feet.When he was a kitten we would find the the toilet paper unraveled from the back bathroom all the way down the hall or rip a roll off paper towels shredded beyond belief.
My boxer mix Daisy Duke(the little puke):LOL: I taught to ring a wireless door bell chime I put it at her eye level and she learned how the first night when I showed her I tried to teach her to use her paw but dogs dont know how to push with a paw so she uses her little nose.She has been ringing for about 3 years now the other 2 dogs never caught on but she will ring for them.The down side is it can become a pain in the butt cause she ding dongs all the time.If you dont let her in quick enough its ding dong,ding dong,ding dong

Sometimes he gets worried about me when i go into the shower so he follows and i have to pretend i'm getting back out and then quickly get back in before he realizes what's going on. :)
Bilby said:
One of my cats cries while I shower if he realises I'm in there. He sits just on the bath mat, outside the curtin.
My cats Ariel and Amy (sisters, both gone now) used to stand in the tub, at the end, while I took a shower, as long as I had the shower head adjusted so that the water didn't hit them (other than an occasional spritz)!

:) Barbara

I hope you all don't mind, I copy and pasted BT's post about his African Grey. I sent it to my cousin, thought he would get a kick out of it. HE DID!!! He has 2 African Grey's. One of them swears like a sailor (no offense to sailors). In the summer, he says, he can't keep his window open. When we walks across the street to get a newspaper, his Grey swears (LOUDLY) and people walking by the house look up at the window. I know it's somewhat embarassing for my cousin, but I think it's hilarious!!!

Yea BT, you have to post a picture or a video of him in action!!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Ok, Binks is the KING of weird habits.

He goes bonkers for toothpicks, empty toilet paper rolls, and Bic lighters when he can find them.

He loves the smell of Burt's Bee's Lip Balm and will roll on it.

He loves dragging around specific articles of clothing out of the wash piles, I will leave it at that!

Binks and Boots know the meaning of "go wash", "muchies", and "pizza". Binks knows when we have ordered pizza and stand vigil at the door til the poor guy arrives.

He also know how to trick you into getting you up to feed him. If you don't respond to his pleas right away, he will run to the door like he needs to go outside, then as soon as you get up, he runs to the food bowl! Smart little dude he is!!!

OH... and I love reading all about your pet habits... these are just to funny!!!!

Back
Top Bottom