"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-27-2008, 09:55 AM   #51
Executive Chef

Ok, I thought of another quirk I have. I'm one of those that does't like to start something before finishing what I'm working on.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:49 PM   #52
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenOK View Post
Ok, I thought of another quirk I have. I'm one of those that does't like to start something before finishing what I'm working on.
I'm sorta like that except it drives me crazy when a started project doesn't get finished (in a timely manner). It bugs me so much that I am like a crazy woman with a one-track mind whenever I have a project going. (I always finish my projects but my family is very bad about starting but not finishing things).

Old 05-27-2008, 12:51 PM   #53
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenOK View Post
That reminds me of one of James's quirks (he is the same way about finishing what he starts). When I eat, I eat a little of each thing, with the last bite being my favorite thing on the plate. When James eats, he eats all of one thing, then all of the next thing, etc. I read something a few months ago that said that people who eat one thing at a time are the type who finish what they start. I tend to start lots of things and am lucky if I ever finish anything!

Barbara
Old 05-27-2008, 01:02 PM   #54
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
That reminds me of one of James's quirks (he is the same way about finishing what he starts). When I eat, I eat a little of each thing, with the last bite being my favorite thing on the plate. When James eats, he eats all of one thing, then all of the next thing, etc. I read something a few months ago that said that people who eat one thing at a time are the type who finish what they start. I tend to start lots of things and am lucky if I ever finish anything!

Barbara

Interesting. I eat as you do. Going around the plate and eating different things, finishing with the thing I like best. But, I also finish what I started, that is, my plate is always empty!
Old 05-27-2008, 01:10 PM   #55
Executive Chef

I can only get on a motorcycle from the left side. If I, for some reason, get on from the right I'll hop off and climb back on from the left.

I'm sure there's more......
Old 05-27-2008, 01:12 PM   #56
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I also have to have all the clocks and watches in the house set to the exactly correct time. If you look at the digital clocks in the kitchen (stove, microwave, coffeepot) they all change to the next minute at the same instant.

When adjusting the volume on the TV, I adjust in increments of 5, setting the volume to 20 or 25, or 30, 35, 40...

I do those things too.

And I set the alarm clock at exactly 7:15 or 7:00. If I get to 7:01 I have to go all the way around again.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:37 PM   #57
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Thought of some more.

In the closet, all my clothes are on hangers in order of size and color. That is, longest first, then medium-length, down to shortest. All colors are done in order of the color spectrum. Shoes done in color order, too. Same for everything in my lingerie drawer. My jewelry is arranged the same way - according to color and size.

Guess I never got Roy G. Biv out of my brain after I was out of school. That's how I learned the order of colors. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:04 PM   #58
Master Chef

ok, now that we're down to the nitty gritty I like to alphabetize my spices and seasonings......too many to count..........
Old 05-27-2008, 02:06 PM   #59
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeekinz View Post
I can only get on a motorcycle from the left side. If I, for some reason, get on from the right I'll hop off and climb back on from the left.

I'm sure there's more......
They are like horses. If you get on from the wrong side, they kick you!

Barbara
Old 05-27-2008, 02:11 PM   #60
Chef Extraordinaire

Please don't walk or stand behind me....

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote