Weird quirks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
one wierd quirk is~ everytime I hear the word
Schenectady (NY) I repeat, and repeat it in my head. I just think it's a cool word.

one pet pieve is~ everytime I hear the Newspeople said Ear-rock for Iraq, I scream IRAQ. I can't stand it!!!!!!!

Oh yeh, my mother used to say idear for idea. Used to drive my crazy, so I, being a smart mouth teenager at the time, tried to correct her as she was talking. ("Ma, there's no such thing as an IDEAR.") Wham, knocked me right off the chair. (today, she would say, "TALK TO THE HAND", then WHAM.) Did I learn? NOT!

But it's like finding a misspelled work on a book you just spent $30.00. It ruins that who page for me. My eye continually diverts back to that word. (Call me Ms. Monk. What can I say?)

Last edited:
Schenectady (NY) I repeat, and repeat it in my head. I just think it's a cool word.

one pet pieve is~ everytime I hear the Newspeople said Ear-rock for Iraq, I scream IRAQ. I can't stand it!!!!!!!

Oh yeh, my mother used to say idear for idea. Used to drive my crazy, so I, being a smart mouth teenager at the time, tried to correct her as she was talking. ("Ma, there's no such thing as an IDEAR.") Wham, knocked me right off the chair. (today, she would say, "TALK TO THE HAND", then WHAM.) Did I learn? NOT!

But it's like finding a misspelled work on a book you just spent $30.00. It ruins that who page for me. My eye continually diverts back to that word. (Call me Ms. Monk. What can I say?)

my ex used to say idear , drove me nuts.

That's funny LC61, I thought it was her false teeth.

Oh, by the way LC61, after checking 3 of your SNOPES.COM sites, you scare me. I think there's 2 more I have to check, but dinner's still in the works.
I'll have to wait awhile.

That's funny LC61, I thought it was her false teeth.

Oh, by the way LC61, after checking 3 of your SNOPES.COM sites, you scare me. I think there's 2 more I have to check, but dinner's still in the works.
I'll have to wait awhile.

aww sorry , I didn't mean to scare you. :(

Like that??:LOL:
I'm sorry, I just could not pass it up!! LOL

One of my early jobs was as a bank teller. You learn to arrange all your bills right side up. I carried that over to my wallet to this day. Right side up and smaller denominations in the front.

:) I also like my paper money lined up. I love the word muggy I say it mugggie. Every time I read the word misled I get it as mysalde I know what it means but just can't get it right in my head.

One of my early jobs was as a bank teller. You learn to arrange all your bills right side up. I carried that over to my wallet to this day. Right side up and smaller denominations in the front.

Same here. Darn bank gave me wallet OCD! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom