Weird quirks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know I have them, but after seeing this thread several times now, I could not come up with one. So I asked the question aloud to my hubby and he informed me that one of my weird quirks was that I lick the plate!!! I'm imbarrassed..... but it is true. Specially anytime we have char grilled steaks. I can't leave all those wonderful juices behind!!!!

So there..... I told ya!!!!
Fool him next time Sattie,before you eat, get a nice slice of fresh fresh bread your favorite, butter it lightly or leave plain, when done use that bread to get your juices..Or do 2 pieces and set the meat on top of it, then let it catch the juices and eat it along with your meat..Yummy...
kadesma

I know I have them, but after seeing this thread several times now, I could not come up with one. So I asked the question aloud to my hubby and he informed me that one of my weird quirks was that I lick the plate!!! I'm imbarrassed..... but it is true. Specially anytime we have char grilled steaks. I can't leave all those wonderful juices behind!!!!

So there..... I told ya!!!!
Okay people, tell the truth. Is there anyone out there who does not lick the plate when there is something yummy (like whipped cream!) on it--when no one else is there (or at least no one but close family)? I know I do!

:)Barbara

Okay people, tell the truth. Is there anyone out there who does not lick the plate when there is something yummy (like whipped cream!) on it--when no one else is there (or at least no one but close family)? I know I do!

I don't usually pick it up and lick it, but I may wipe my finger around it or use Kadesma's idea of a slice of bread. DW does not like these, she was brought up with ever so proper table manners.

My quirks: I'm with Allen OK, I do not like anyone standing and watching me at home (if I'm teaching, its a bit different), especially just behind me. Anyone in the kitchen can help but not just watch.
I also have to make sure I empty the pan when I'm dishing up or using a bowl to make something in. eg cheese sauce, some many people do not use all the sauce, or people dish up and leave a spoonful in the pan - not enough for another portion (thats fine) - just a waste I think.

My mil has to buy in bulk, even now in her late seventies with just her and FIL at home - she has two freezers and a fridge full of food. The cupboards are full as well. She can't buy just one of something. She does have a reason though dating back to when they were nearly (or were) made bankrupt and she had to hoard things.

My mil went thru the Depression of '21 and she was the same way---two bulging freezers and an overstuffed pantry. We found cans that were nearly 20 years old.......and it was just the 2 of them

I get in trouble w/ DH for licking the plate. ANd I get the kids in trouble cuz then they do it. He thinks its disgusting.... I think it's the ultimate compliment!
Maybe the hatred of plate licking is his wierd quirk, and not my actual plate licking! :wacko:

I also have to have my freezer full all the time. If there's an empty space, I feel compelled to cook or buy something to fill it.

I don't lick the plate, if there is anything on there that I want, I use bread.

I don't consider wanting my pillow fluffed weird, it is just that I hate sleeping on a flat pillow. Another thing is I always have to have clean towels for shower. Hubby and I load the dishwasher differently from each other, if he loaded it before me, and I don't like how it is loaded I will change it .

I have notices that the kitchen is empty, untill I start to cook, then DW has a special talent for placing herself exactly where I nned to be, in fromt of where I need to get to and needing things from cabinets and drawers that are right where I am working. It's a small kitchen, I guess I get quirky about it.

Alarm clocks - I set them and then don't need them, just wish I could reset the Labradors to a different time on the weekend.

Bed - I do not like laundry or other stuff put on the bed, it's not a workbench, it's a bed.

I am good at putting the toilet seat down though. ;)

Now I go balistic at people who cannot funtion at all at anything without a phone slapped to their ear..Example, we were grocery shopping today and discussing which product to buy, some lady who was stopped and leaning on her basket yakking away, turned around and said would you be quiet or move I'm talking...Oh boy good thing dh was with me cuz, she came close to a not so polite response...
Enough though I'm really easy going and not to fussy:ROFLMAO:
kadesma

I would have bumped her in the rear with my shopping cart, then said, "Oops!"

Ok, I thought of another quirk I have. I'm one of those that does't like to start something before finishing what I'm working on.

Ok, I thought of another quirk I have. I'm one of those that does't like to start something before finishing what I'm working on.
I'm sorta like that except it drives me crazy when a started project doesn't get finished (in a timely manner). It bugs me so much that I am like a crazy woman with a one-track mind whenever I have a project going. (I always finish my projects but my family is very bad about starting but not finishing things).

That reminds me of one of James's quirks (he is the same way about finishing what he starts). When I eat, I eat a little of each thing, with the last bite being my favorite thing on the plate. When James eats, he eats all of one thing, then all of the next thing, etc. I read something a few months ago that said that people who eat one thing at a time are the type who finish what they start. I tend to start lots of things and am lucky if I ever finish anything!

That reminds me of one of James's quirks (he is the same way about finishing what he starts). When I eat, I eat a little of each thing, with the last bite being my favorite thing on the plate. When James eats, he eats all of one thing, then all of the next thing, etc. I read something a few months ago that said that people who eat one thing at a time are the type who finish what they start. I tend to start lots of things and am lucky if I ever finish anything!

Interesting. I eat as you do. Going around the plate and eating different things, finishing with the thing I like best. But, I also finish what I started, that is, my plate is always empty!

I can only get on a motorcycle from the left side. If I, for some reason, get on from the right I'll hop off and climb back on from the left.

I'm sure there's more......

I also have to have all the clocks and watches in the house set to the exactly correct time. If you look at the digital clocks in the kitchen (stove, microwave, coffeepot) they all change to the next minute at the same instant.

When adjusting the volume on the TV, I adjust in increments of 5, setting the volume to 20 or 25, or 30, 35, 40...

:LOL:

I do those things too.

And I set the alarm clock at exactly 7:15 or 7:00. If I get to 7:01 I have to go all the way around again. :angel:

Thought of some more.

In the closet, all my clothes are on hangers in order of size and color. That is, longest first, then medium-length, down to shortest. All colors are done in order of the color spectrum. Shoes done in color order, too. Same for everything in my lingerie drawer. My jewelry is arranged the same way - according to color and size.

Guess I never got Roy G. Biv out of my brain after I was out of school.:ROFLMAO::ohmy: That's how I learned the order of colors. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet.

I can only get on a motorcycle from the left side. If I, for some reason, get on from the right I'll hop off and climb back on from the left.

I'm sure there's more......
They are like horses. If you get on from the wrong side, they kick you!

:LOL:Barbara

Back
Top Bottom