"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-23-2008, 06:52 PM   #1
Master Chef

Weird quirks

Do you have any weird quirks that you just can't help that other people think your nuts??
I have a few
I absolutely, CANNOT, sleep in a bed that is not made. DH is still in bed when I leave in the morning so I dont' get to make the bed until I get home. I have to shake out the bottom one, no wrinkles and then put each layer on without wrinkles. DH will come in and throw all of his over to the middle and I always have to fix it so that my side is still flat and unwrinkled.

The other is, there is only one kind of plate that I will eat off of because I cannot stand and pattern that my utensils will scrape against.

There is only one fork I will use. It is the only one of it too. I think it was left here from a party. Noone else in the house is allowed to use it. If they have, they learned real quick not to. I will take it from them mid bite if I had to
One more, I CANNOT eat from thick utensils. They have to be thin. I don't know why, so don't ask. I just can't. I've wondered if any of this is a form of OCD or just being weird?!

Come on, show me I'm not the only weirdo, PLEASE?? lol

Old 05-23-2008, 07:11 PM   #2
Sous Chef

Lol... you're not weird. I think we all have stuff like that. I cant eat out of styrofome (sp?) Anything that comes in it like sides at a resturaunt I have to dump out. I can't handle a utensil scraping the side.

Another thing is the sound of someone ripping up iceburg lettuce is like nails on a chalk board. When my mom used to break it up to make salad I would have to leave the room. And by the way, actual nails on a chalk board... could care less lol.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:18 PM   #3
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninga75 View Post
Lol... you're not weird. I think we all have stuff like that. I cant eat out of styrofome (sp?) Anything that comes in it like sides at a resturaunt I have to dump out. I can't handle a utensil scraping the side.

Another thing is the sound of someone ripping up iceburg lettuce is like nails on a chalk board. When my mom used to break it up to make salad I would have to leave the room. And by the way, actual nails on a chalk board... could care less lol.
LOL, I'm that way with cross patterns like jeans. My class used to have the story books that had that had that pattern on the front where the picture changed on movement. Those little stickers that you get from the bubble gum machines are like that too. EWWWWW, I get chills just thinking about it Chalkboards don't bother me either.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:07 AM   #4
Master Chef

i hate stairs. they stress me out.
& if stuff isn't turned just so, i adjust that.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:20 AM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

We have two doors to the kitchen, the one from the dining room has a single light switch, the other comes from the back porch and the garage, It has two light switches..I only use it the other single one has to be on the on position wo that the two match up..DH, loves to go in and flip the single to the off position..He knows it makes me nuts..I don't like to feel closed in, dh makes sure he goes through the house at night, closing every shade and curtain..If I crack the shutters over the kitchen window he goes balistic..someone might look in from the street, see the tops of our heads and shoot at us..Yup,right...Now I go balistic at people who cannot funtion at all at anything without a phone slapped to their ear..Example, we were grocery shopping today and discussing which product to buy, some lady who was stopped and leaning on her basket yakking away, turned around and said would you be quiet or move I'm talking...Oh boy good thing dh was with me cuz, she came close to a not so polite response...
Enough though I'm really easy going and not to fussy
kadesma
Old 05-25-2008, 09:36 AM   #6
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Now I go balistic at people who cannot funtion at all at anything without a phone slapped to their ear..Example, we were grocery shopping today and discussing which product to buy, some lady who was stopped and leaning on her basket yakking away, turned around and said would you be quiet or move I'm talking...Oh boy good thing dh was with me cuz, she came close to a not so polite response...

kadesma
OMG, kades! That may be the worst example of cell phone idiocy I've heard yet! What DID you and DH do? I'm furious just sitting here in Boston, THINKING about it!

I am getting worse and worse about my hatred of cell phone rudeness. I guess that is considered a quirk, because it doesn't seem to bothers others as much as it does me. I carry a cell for emergencies and maybe use it twice a year.

Lee
Old 05-25-2008, 09:58 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Lee,
dh started to walk away as did I, but, when she grumbled about how rude we were, I whispered as I walked by, keep it up lady and you will be wearing it not talking on it...

kades
Old 05-25-2008, 10:36 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Lee,
dh started to walk away as did I, but, when she grumbled about how rude we were, I whispered as I walked by, keep it up lady and you will be wearing it not talking on it...

kades
good for u, gotta be careful these days. she could have pulled a derringer and shot u. lol

babe
Old 05-25-2008, 10:57 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Hubby is the only person I'll share a bar of soap with...
Old 05-25-2008, 11:23 PM   #10
Senior Cook

I will not drink out of a glass unless it has something in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, mine is someone calling on the phone and when I answer they say "who am I speaking to", I always say the last person in the world you wish to be on the phone with right now! By nature I am a VERY low key person until this happens.

JD