Well don't I feel STUPID!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
My sons puppy, well she's gone now, chewed the cord on my treadmill 3 weeks ago. I finally remembered to get a new one while in town Friday { I don't get out there but maybe once a month, the stores are 35 miles away and I just don't have time to go for only one thing}, ANYWAY, I brought the new cord to dh and went to cut the old cord, I was looking it over to make sure that I got to the lowest part that was chewed and low and behold, it wasn't the cord to the treadmill that was chewed, it was the extension cord!!!!:doh: I am so mad at myself. I could have been on that thing all this time. I had forgotten that it was on an extension. Needless to say, now I have a LOT of walking to catch up on:mad:
Just wanted to vent, that's all:)

In the Kitchen said:
what happened to the puppy?

We had to give the little cutie away. She was eating everything!! When she chewed up my hubbys sago palm, that was it. She's with a good family with 2 small kids that just love her and have time to train her better. I still miss her, she was lovable too.

ohhhhh texasgirl - sweet puppies can do the darndest things - our 3.5 pound puppy ate our kitchen floor!!! We still haven't put a new one down yet.

Run fast to catch up!!!!

.....that's what puppies do - chew things. Suprising how many people don't realise that when they get puppies. They also don't realise that puppies pee on the floor and grow up to become big dogs and also grow up to be nuisance dogs if they are not trained. That is why we have so many of them into the rescue I volunteer for.

Enough said. I knew I shouldn't have read this post - sorry for venting, but it's a sore subject for me, and I know how tempting those cute puppies can be, they can really wipe out all common sense with those big 'take-me-home' eyes LOL! I'm glad you managed to find it a good home - most people would have just dumped it at the local humane society, so good job there!

Paint.

Last edited:
:LOL: Paint, just to make you feel better, I have 6 grown dogs from 2 - 13, that we have had since puppies, all very well trained{though the little heatherns still get into the trash:rolleyes: } They are inside/outside, have a doggie door, sleep in bed with us and lay ALL over the house, they love taking all of the vents. They get nilla wafers just before bed as a treat for being good. I love me some dogs,that's for sure. My husband told me that when I'm old and by myself, the kids are going to call me the dog lady. I will never be able to have nice furniture, b/c I won't go without a dog.

As I said, it was my grown sons dog {he's 18}. He wasn't able to take care of her or train her any longer due to a job that he started and pulls him into overtime, sometimes as much as 65 hours a week. That is the only reason that we didn't keep her. My hubby and I both work now and we didn't have time for her.
Believe me, I don't like people that just get them and get rid of them, because they whine or chew. I have a few people in my neighborhood that do this. I do not!!
We made sure that she went with someone that we know and will train her and take care of her. We refused to give her to just anyone and wouldn't take her to the pound.

Just wanted to ease your mind about it. I'm not that type person.:)

:):):) Thankyou for being so gracious & understanding about it. I guess it was a learning experience for your son and he realises that maybe it's just not the right time for him to have a puppy yet.

Sometimes my mouth just gets ahead of my brain :rolleyes:

Paint.

I really understand. It's no problem.
We don't know each other except on here, that's why I told you about me. I would take in every stray if it weren't for my husband!! LOL

See, these are my other children

sheba is 13 {Whippet mix}
kasey is 11 {Australian Shephard mix}
destiney is 7 {Cocker Spaniel mix}
rebel is 5 {I don't know what he ISN'T mixed with:LOL: }
jazz is 2 {Lab mix}
chuckie is 2 { Lab mix, not sure what else, Rebel is his Daddy} He also comes by his name honestly, you ever see Child's play?
He is good when you are watching, just don't turn your back:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• sheba.jpg
    sheba.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 233
  • kasey.jpg
    kasey.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 225
  • destiney.jpg
    destiney.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 231
  • rebel.jpg
    rebel.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 222
  • jazz.jpg
    jazz.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 241
This firsst one is my Chuckie.
And this is Storm, my sons puppie we had to let go of.

Attachments

• chuckie.jpg
    chuckie.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 209
  • stormy.jpg
    stormy.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 200
How about this: My speakers weren't working so I got a new$120 speakers...they didn't work. turns out it was my soundcard that was broken, not the speakers

Oooohhh, they are all so cute! I have two black Great Danes - Wellington and Miss Grace, they are both around 2 1/2 years old :)

Paint.

Texasgirl, I love your furry children! I can so relate to the furniture issue. We have 2 furry kids - a lab mix who is 10 years old and a cocker/blue heeler mix who is 7. Both girls, both black. We love 'em to pieces!! The back cushions on my sofa are permanently smushed 'cause the smaller dog insists on laying there. Seems I spend most my time using strips of shipping tape to get the black dog hairs off the white sofa!!

Paint, my reaction would have been the same as yours, and I know Texas Girl understands. I really DO get peeved at people who get a pet and then seem to somehow not have a clue. All of us responsible pet owners do.

As for the cord, that brings back memories. I was trained by a freind early on to crate train dogs, so that supposedly things like that wouldn't happen. But even so, when I wasn't looking, my new puppy chewed through a cord on a boom box. It was brand-new, and I called the company to order a new cord, explaining what happened. I don't even remember what company it was, but the woman who answered the phone just laughed and said, "We understand puppies here," and sent me one for free.

Yep, even though I told the "eating the kitchen floor" story it really wasn't that big of a deal - lol - most people didn't understand why we weren't upset - but we weren't - we just said - well, we were going to replace it anyway!!! lol It's no different than a child breaking a lamp trying to stand at an end table - it's just no big deal in the grand scheme of things. That's what toddlers/babies/puppies do. And those of us that absolutely adore our children (furry or two-legged) understand.

Back
Top Bottom