Wendy’s remakes its 42-year-old hamburger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish them luck.

I only eat homemade burgers now. The ones in the fast-food places have such a washed-out lack of flavor. Little thin slivers of washed out looking meat with no flavor.

20 minutes to get the coals hot and prepare everything. Nice chubby burger with lots of flavor and made to my own tastes with seasonings.

Plus, mine don't cost $3-$8 each. What a deal!

I'm with Timothy. Nothing but homemade burgers for me. I love a good burger, but I just have trouble eating them while dining out. The last couple restaurant burgers I had were so enormous and full of fat that they just made my tummy feel crummy afterwards. I used to really enjoy them, but as I get older I find my system is less forgiving of food indulgences.

At home, at least I can control the portion size and cut of meat used.

Wendy's use to have the best burgers. I stopped eating there years ago when I noticed they were different. I to only eat homemade burgers and burgers from a place called Christy's burgers. They are some of the best.

I don't hardly eat at any of the burger chains anymore.

There is a place here, old fashioned style drive up. They still hand-make their wonderfuly fat, juicey burgers. And if you get the bacon burger they use thick sliced bacon, not the thin fast food nonsense. The only way their burgers could be better is if they were grilled. But they're every bit as good as a fried burger made at home. They also have amazing shakes and malts.

Nothing beats a homemade burger, but I'm not one to make a homemade burger and fries, package it up and take it on the road with me :wacko:
Eating a fast food burger while driving from point A to point B does serve its purpose. Especially when trying to save on time.
I didn't click the link, but the article I read on this listed sales statistics and I was suprised Wendy's was so far below MacDonalds. I don't have either one close to me, but when I get into the city and drive past both of those places and Burger King, Wendy's drive through is always packed. Of course, maybe everyone is getting chili and a frosty :LOL:
Given a choice between the three on an interstate exit, I'll pull into Wendy's first. I'm kind of interested in seeing if I like the change or not. I don't think I would like the toasted bun, not when I'm eating in the car anyway. Too many crumbs if it's toasted too much.

i thought this was going to be that michael jackson joke, about the old burger and young buns...

Back
Top Bottom