We're Leaving on Our Vacation Today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
I will be busy packing today, and I am packing the computer, so this is goodbye until at least tonight. We will be leaving this evening. I know it sounds strange, to leave so late, but there is a reason for it. We bought our car in Winston-Salem (a couple hours from here), so we are going to go up there this evening and stay at a hotel. In the morning we will take the car to the dealership to have the oil changed and have the car checked over. Then we will leave for Iowa from there. Winston-Salem is right on the freeway we need to take, so it won't really take us very far out of the way.

We will try to always get hotel rooms that have wireless access, so I should still be in touch, at least long enough to check in and send the Welcome Letter. :cool:

So, bye for now, but I will keep in touch!

:)Barbara

I'm so glad to hear you're well enough to travel, but don't spend your time on the computer. While you're thinking about what to report, you're missing out on the adventure!!!
That's what I learned many years ago, studying music. I became so analytical, I forgot to enjoy it.

Relax and enjoy......................................

Stay safe and have LOTS of fun!! Don't forget the pictures either, lol!! Can't wait til you get back and share the fun with us. love ya guys, I'll miss you while your gone!!

Thanks everyone! Don't worry QS, I'm just going to be checking in when we stop for the night. I don't want to miss a thing.

We got off to a late start and didn't leave home until almost 10:00. We got lost in Winston-Salem (not hard to do), and we arrived at our hotel at about 12:30. Tomorrow morning we will go get the car taken care of (oil change, etc.) then head out on I-40.

Katie, if we were going farther west in Kentucky, or if we weren't in kind of a hurry to get there, we would definitely go see you! We will be taking another route (through Chicago, Ohio, etc.) to get home. One of these days we will make a trip up just to see you.

Well, we recorded Big Brother earlier tonight and I want to see it and then get to bed, so I'll hopefully be able to check in with you all tomorrow.

Have fun, enjoy your time away..will be waiting to hear about all the fun..good food, food that was enough to make ya go home and all that wonderful stuff that will make us all wish we were with you..j/k
Stay safe and stay well.
kades

Sorry I'm late, have a great trip....
And don't forget, on the way back,
HOME JAMES!!!
:)
Where in Iowa again? too bad I'm not a little further south.

Thanks! Suzi, we are going to Ottumwa. That is where James was born and raised.

One of the bad things about being sick in bed so long is that my muscles started to atrophy. Packing and lugging stuff to the car (of course James did a lot too) really did a number on my back. I was SO sore when I woke up this morning. James went down to breakfast (they have a GREAT breakfast here--we stayed here when we bought the car and part of the reason we came back was the breakfast), and he brought some back for me. I am working on my Belgian waffle and fluffy scrambled eggs as I type.

We won't be getting off on our trip too early today, but that's okay. James is lying down again, and we both still need to shower. Hopefully the car won't take too long, but I know it will be a while.

Have a great day everyone!

Back
Top Bottom