"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 04-26-2006, 11:24 AM   #1
Senior Cook
Western food in China

the western food have make great progress in china today.In all the restaurant, the NO I (sell amount )is KFC ,about 11 billion in 2005.The NO 2 is one chinese company ,the amount is not more than 5 billion.But in the truth,the Mcdonald's company in china have not join the evaluate.
the western chain restaurant have make great progress in china.they show china some mordern thought.china must study from western company.
in time of today ,western thoungt means modern.Of course,china have dropped behind for hundreds years.but this is unfair for chinese culture.the culture is not one exceed another.only because the people can't inherit it well.
I love the Roman's hero and story very much.but i am a chinese so i won't forget my root .the chinese culture have it's own unique amazing attraction.it is not the same as western culture.
it is not the same .i think that if all the world is the same ,the world will not be so colorful.
western food make so great progress in china.i admire the courage and ability of foreign friends.i think all the chinese will learn more from them .
culture express through some ways:musics,draws,buildings and foods.

I want to spread more true china food culture to foreign friends.i will try.

riverli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:29 AM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef
I certainly do not want every culture to be the same.

As much as you can learn from Western culture, we can learn from Chinese culture. We look forward to your sharing Chinese culture through food and other things.

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:30 AM   #3
Chief Eating Officer
I think we all have a lot to learn from each other. You are absolutely right, if everything is the same then that is not good. It is our differences that make things so interesting and enjoyable.
You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote