What about "THAT" Apron?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keltin

Washing Up
Ok, I’ve got to ask……..

I’m fairly new here, but have seen references to the “Traveling Apron” and a, from what I gather, untimely demise? I saw pictures in the photo gallery. The concept is simple enough…..a single apron that gets mailed to a DC user, a picture is taken, and then it is mailed to the next user. Cool idea. Seemed to work…..for a while?

But what happened to it? It seemed to have died an early death some time ago?

keltin, it's a really, really sad and unfortunate story. You can read about it here. Make sure you have some time because it takes a while. Don't think it's going to be revived because of the outcome. Great idea, but messed up because of a "bad apple."

did that "bad apple" ever post again, i read the thread when i first signed up..that was a real pity!

To my knowledge, no, the "bad apple" didn't post again nor did he respond to multiple PM messages by other members imploring him to return the apron without the attendant goodies. Truly a sad ending to a lovely story.

Katie E said:
To my knowledge, no, the "bad apple" didn't post again nor did he respond to multiple PM messages by other members imploring him to return the apron without the attendant goodies. Truly a sad ending to a lovely story.

OK, I’ve read that thread before, but it seems there are parts missing. There is so much talk about a “change of heart” and suddenly standing up to the right thing”, and trips to the wood shed (a good southern colloquialism by the way). So, what is missing….was it a hostage situation….were there nasty PMs that we can’t see?

It's unfortunate but why not start up another apron and continue where we left off? What do you all think?

I think that would be really cool but perhaps once bitten twice shy?

Dina said:
It's unfortunate but why not start up another apron and continue where we left off? What do you all think?

jkath has actually bought a DC apron and is planning on starting it again. She has everything ready to go but is dealing with some things at the moment. Since this has been her brainchild from the beginning I really don't want to steal her thunder. I'd like to wait and let her get it going again. She has some rules and parameters for the participants this time and I think it will help keep out any other "bad apples"

Keltin, its a long time ago, but the "bad apple" communicated with a couple of our members either via email or another message board and let them know that he would send the apron back to the last person who had it, but it never showed.

Also, if it starts up again, it needs to be strictly the apron. Money was being sent in the last one to help with the postage the next person would have to pay. Sometimes money can just be too tempting. Once a person is aware of roughly how much it costs to "ship" (large envelope I'm sure would work nicely) they can either participate or not. I can't wait until jkath sends it on its way again!

Did the bad-apple give a reason for why? Any kind of excuse at all?

If and when it starts back up, I definitely want to be on the list!

Gee....strange story. I heard things about the apron when I first came on this forum. I was not sure if I should ask but glad someone did. Sounds like it was a fun idea enjoyed by many.

There were things other than money included. Each of us who had already received the apron had put pins, etc, to personalize the apron along with our names. I can't imagine someone being such a stinker, but I suppose we will get over it in time. Just hope Jkath is back soon to participate in the group even if the apron doesn't fly.

Dina said:

yeah, that's it, screw the people who'd already participated. :glare:

Just out of curiosity----is it possible that this bad apple turned to applesauce and departed this world before making things finally right? NOt defending him or her one single bit and by not sending it on promptly was despicable in the first place but just wondering.

Back
Top Bottom