What annoys you the most about cell phones?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Corey123 said:
"I'm Chris Hanson working with Dateline NBC, and we're doing a story on cell phone users who have no regards or respect for others when it comes to them using their cell phones."

LOL - I wish that was all the story was about! And they would have to do a mini-series on the cell phone topic - not a one-hour or even two-hour special would work for this topic!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

In the Kitchen said:
You just reminded me of accident I had when my mother and i had been to Farmer's Market w/all wonderful produce in the back.

We were on main highway and had to stop suddenly for construction project due to man holding sign to stop. Evidently happened fairly quickly as when I applied my brakes, guy behind us didn't. He admitted he had dropped his phone and reached down to get it. I will never forget having to throw most of the produce away due to damage to the back.

Just another reason I hate those phones. Another reason to be stressed when driving. If other driver isn't eating he is on the phone.

I hear you, I hear you!

My dh was rearended in exactly the same way. A young single mother dropped her phone and was grasping for it and didn't see traffic had stopped. She reminded him so much of our grandaughter, he let her off with only about $300 and it cost over $1,000 to get his car repaired. He probably would have had something to say if the situation was the same except me in his place.:rolleyes:

kitchenelf said:
LOL - I wish that was all the story was about! And they would have to do a mini-series on the cell phone topic - not a one-hour or even two-hour special would work for this topic!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Actually, I got that most famous line from Dateline NBC - the part where Chris Hanson identifies himself and tells that to the men who show up at a staged house to try to hook up with underage minors for *** when they are about to leave.

Last edited:
One of the worst things I hate about cellphones is when they don't work in an emergency! I was in an airport in Mumbai (formerly known as Bombay) India when I arrived at 3am in the morning and the luggage area was knee deep in people back from the Hadj (sacred trip to Mecca) and I couldn't find a luggage carrier to save my life. Some of the people had taken 2-3 carriers for themselves and they had stuff piled to the ceiling! I had 5 huge suitcases as we were moving there. Hubby was waiting for me outside and I couldn't reach him to tell him what the problem was. An hour went by as I frantically tried to call him over and over-----NOTHING. Finally, I grabbed a very harassed baggage handler and told him that I would pay him $10 if he would get me a cart. His eyes widened (they speak English in India) and off he went. Now I had to wait 10 minutes but he finally did come back and he had a cart and a big smile on his face (who knows where he got it from). He also helped me load the suitcases onto the cart. Best $10 (my husband later told me that it was probably worth 2 weeks' salary there) I ever spent and I would have felt even better if I could have thrown the phone in the river for all the help I got.

Also, airlines won't let you use them in flight!

You're forced to either use them before the plane takes off or after it lands.

Corey123 said:
Also, airlines won't let you use them in flight!

You're forced to either use them before the plane takes off or after it lands.

Thank HEAVENS for that!!

Lee

A lot of the pet peeves listed here are mine too, but I will tell about two specific incidences that highlight my two biggest cell phone pet peeves.

In the spring of 1996 I was at my daughter's high school choir banquet. It was very nice--dinner, awards, special recognition for senior choir members. One dad kept getting up from the table during the dinner and the awards part afterward and paced back and forth talking on his cell phone. He might as well have stayed home because he totally ignored his daughter at a very important moment of her life.

Another incident happened a few months ago. I had to go in for a sonogram. I was lying on the table half exposed (let's just say it was the "bikini top" area, lol) when the technician's phone rang. She stood there over me taking a personal phone call (it sounded like it must have been her son) for 3 or 4 minutes. When she was finished she never said so much as "Sorry about that." She just went back to doing the sonogram.

My biggest pet peeve is people putting others in danger (driving, etc.) but these two were biggies for me.

:glare: Barbara

people on busses chattering like we give a @#$% 'bout thier conversation- ughhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! a few- they're polite, others, though, you want to mention that they ought be polite & respect fellow patrons. & more.

This morning, a customer in the hotel restaurant had a phone call on his cell phone, and he was talking so **** loud that I wanted to ask him to lower his voice!

It's annoying and rude for anyone to do that!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom