"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-04-2009, 11:51 AM   #1
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,514
What are you craving?

i am not sure which forum to put this in so it's here.

we all get cravings, so what are you craving at the moment?


i am craving tomato juice with lemon, salt and pepper. i can't seem to get enough of it since ................. come to think about it since i quit smoking 21 days ago. i really haven't been hit that hard by quitting smoking withdrawal (no patches just cold turkey) which surprises the heck outta me because other times i have tried it i just couldn't last more than hours maybe 1/2 day. could my body craving tomato juice be a subconsciece way my body is coping? are there natural withdrawal fighting vits and mins in tomato juice?
__________________

__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
I never had cravings when I quit I was too sick, but what harm in having a healthy drink..Tomato juice is great..My little grandson can polish off 2- 8 oz cans plus his dinner at one sitting and he is not over weight...I love v-8 have to be careful with it but have a small can almost every other day. Go for it it's good for you.
kades
__________________

__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
I never had cravings when I quit I was too sick, but what harm in having a healthy drink..Tomato juice is great..My little grandson can polish off 2- 8 oz cans plus his dinner at one sitting and he is not over weight...I love v-8 have to be careful with it but have a small can almost every other day. Go for it it's good for you.
kades
i hate/loath v8!! sorry i love Sacramento tomato juice or in a pinch since i have been roaming campbells.
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
i hate/loath v8!! sorry i love Sacramento tomato juice or in a pinch since i have been roaming campbells.
Don't be sorry, we all have thing we love and loath..Anything tomato is for me I adore it...Plain tomato juice with salt and pepper and lemon or lime bring it on add a drop or to of Worchestershire and Tabasco even better...
kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:40 PM   #5
Sous Chef
 
CasperImproved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 681
Msmofet - I'm just craving a little bit of attention :-)

Seriously though, Kudos. After way too many years, I couldn't quit smoking after many an attempt until I decided... "today I quit!".

I quit cold turkey 01/01/07. I was successful for two reasons. One, I was ready to. The second? I gave my self one rule. Never buy or bum another cigarette. I've been butt free every since.

Stay strong!

Bob
__________________
If eating tasty stuff is a sin, I am certainly going south.
CasperImproved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:33 PM   #6
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperImproved View Post
Msmofet - I'm just craving a little bit of attention :-)

Seriously though, Kudos. After way too many years, I couldn't quit smoking after many an attempt until I decided... "today I quit!".

I quit cold turkey 01/01/07. I was successful for two reasons. One, I was ready to. The second? I gave my self one rule. Never buy or bum another cigarette. I've been butt free every since.

Stay strong!

Bob
awwwwwwwwwwwwww you need attention sir boogied boogied? want me to polish your ..................................... armor?
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:02 AM   #7
Sous Chef
 
radhuni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calcutta, India
Posts: 958
I am craving for sweets.
radhuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #8
Master Chef
 
getoutamykitchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasco County, Florida
Posts: 5,658
I am craving Chicken Enchiladas, but not just any chicken enchiladas, they have to be from Carmelita's. They use to be over an hour away, but just recently opened a restaurant 15 minutes from me. Still holding off, trying to get healthy and drop 160 pounds.

By the way CasperImproved "Bob" I also quit smoking cold turkey. I smoked my last cigarette at 6 am on 06/05/06. Still miss it once in a while, but not gonna cave this time. I figured I have already saved myself over $3500.00 and even more in health care later.
__________________
Finally things have started clicking for me, my knees, my elbows, my back, etc...
getoutamykitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:45 AM   #9
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by getoutamykitchen View Post
I am craving Chicken Enchiladas, but not just any chicken enchiladas, they have to be from Carmelita's. They use to be over an hour away, but just recently opened a restaurant 15 minutes from me. Still holding off, trying to get healthy and drop 160 pounds.

By the way CasperImproved "Bob" I also quit smoking cold turkey. I smoked my last cigarette at 6 am on 06/05/06. Still miss it once in a while, but not gonna cave this time. I figured I have already saved myself over $3500.00 and even more in health care later.
22 days and counting for me!! and still in such of so Sacramento tomato juice!!
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #10
Sous Chef
 
CasperImproved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by getoutamykitchen View Post
I am craving Chicken Enchiladas, but not just any chicken enchiladas, they have to be from Carmelita's. They use to be over an hour away, but just recently opened a restaurant 15 minutes from me. Still holding off, trying to get healthy and drop 160 pounds.

By the way CasperImproved "Bob" I also quit smoking cold turkey. I smoked my last cigarette at 6 am on 06/05/06. Still miss it once in a while, but not gonna cave this time. I figured I have already saved myself over $3500.00 and even more in health care later.
You go girl

Like you I still get the craving, but I will not give in.
__________________

__________________
If eating tasty stuff is a sin, I am certainly going south.
CasperImproved is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.