What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finished the turkey stock, need to shred the meat from the drumsticks and wing. Just waiting for it to cool down.

Tomorrow is laundry, trash and may have to go in to finish some more work day. I've been running the office on my own this past week, doing the work of 4 people. Not fun.

it's worse when you are there for someone you love. hope your mom is well, kez. get some rest.

1 hour, 40 minutes to go. boring night. routine maintenance work all night. i hate vacuuming off consoles and monitors and running diagnostic tests all night.

looking forward tio bringing home eggs and pancakes for everyone as a surprise, though.

buckytom said:
it's worse when you are there for someone you love. hope your mom is well, kez. get some rest.

1 hour, 40 minutes to go. boring night. routine maintenance work all night. i hate vacuuming off consoles and monitors and running diagnostic tests all night.

looking forward tio bringing home eggs and pancakes for everyone as a surprise, though.

Ugh, maintenance. Looking through log files, running sys checks, monitoring backups, running updates. All that stuff is better than doing nothing, but not by much.

Since I decided to retire (nobody wanted to give me a job!) I've been putting all my efforts into my house to maybe win back some of the depreciation from the economy crash. Inside, along with a thorough cleaning, I am replacing all the screens with pet resistant material, I took down my bedroom curtains and washed them, removed the old (dirty) white 2-inch metal blinds that came with the house and replaced them with 1-inch dark walnut wood blinds, and put the curtains back up. It looks like a different room. I still need to get someone in to steam clean my couch and love seat. The floors are either hardwood or ceramic tile, so the rugs I can clean with my little Bissel machine.
Sounds like Uber Spring Cleaning -- what will you do when spring cleaning time comes next March or April?? Of course, with your wonderful weather, it's probably hard to see the season changes , so that now is as good as ever. Perhaps when your house and yard are finished, you'll just put your feet up for a while and sit back with a cold drink in your hand and a smile on your face.

Back home from the hospital. Worst day ever. Sat in bed now, with the laptop, watching Come Dine With Me on the TV, with a can of cider. Muchly needed. Stressful day.

hope your mom makes a swift recovery and be home soon. hospital time can feel like an alien time warp. it's sure no fun, ever.

so far just sunday morning lazies. paper and coffee. brunch is next, french toast i think and sausage.

then am going to color my hair. i got it cut really short like ellen d. then empty the fridge as much as i can. need room for two 9 by 13 pans of green bean casserole. won't make them today, just clearing the way. then just usual stuff of everyday. god i am boring.

so far just sunday morning lazies. paper and coffee. brunch is next, french toast i think and sausage.

then am going to color my hair. i got it cut really short like ellen d. then empty the fridge as much as i can. need room for two 9 by 13 pans of green bean casserole. won't make them today, just clearing the way. then just usual stuff of everyday. god i am boring.

After many years of unhappy excitement, boring is wonderful.

Turned off the TV tonight and listened to some old time radio shows of Fibber Mcgee and Molly and The Great Gildersleeve. A person can rediscover their imagination.

I agree Joanne! We used to be able to get those old programs and others like The Shadow on a Canadian radio station on Sunday nights, sadly the station is no longer broadcasting them....I miss it :-(

I agree Joanne! We used to be able to get those old programs and others like The Shadow on a Canadian radio station on Sunday nights, sadly the station is no longer broadcasting them....I miss it :-(

Yes, we are very lucky were I live to have a radio show every Sunday night called The Big Broadcast from 6 to 12pm.

a day of highs and lows today.

my son came home to report that not only is he student of the month, he also was chosen to be the indian chief in the school's thanksgiving play. i'm very proud of him.

but the joy was short lived. i'm on my way home from the vet. my cat hercules is no more. rip, herc. i hope you're in heaven already, with doodie, bean, and fluffy. :(

a day of highs and lows today.

my son came home to report that not only is he student of the month, he also was chosen to be the indian chief in the school's thanksgiving play. i'm very proud of him.

but the joy was short lived. i'm on my way home from the vet. my cat hercules is no more. rip, herc. i hope you're in heaven already, with doodie, bean, and fluffy. :(

Sorry about your losing your cat, BT.

Kudos to your little guy for his accomplishments.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom