What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We don't have too many dogs that run loose in our area, but they sure do a lot of barking. One barks, and they all start barking. There is one family up the street whose dog would run out if I walked my dog on a leash, and that's why I quit walking my dog. They would call him back in right away and he went, but he had to run across the street to bark and sniff my dog and back across to go home. He could have been killed.

It is a territorial thing. Teddy does that. My apartment is in an alcove. Let a person put his first foot on the ramp to come to the alcove, and he barks immediately. He used to run to the door and bark his fool head off. It took a while, but Spike and I finally got him trained to just one bark and no running to the door. I figure if he cares enough to try and protect us, then he is entitled to his one bark. And to hell with what the tenants think.

When Spike is walking him, he does the same thing. He stands right in front of Spike's feet and defies any person or dog to come near him. Spike has to reassure him that he is all right before he will stop barking. He is just protecting what he sees as his property. :angel:

If only I could get Mo to do that. He's 17 yo and supposed to be a guard cat but he's a scardy cat instead.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

If only I could get Mo to do that. He's 17 yo and supposed to be a guard cat but he's a scardy cat instead.

Woyld you like to borrow three terrorist kittens for a couple days while I get some sleep? Holy cow, now I know why I never had more than two kittens at a time!!

We don't have too many dogs that run loose in our area, but they sure do a lot of barking. One barks, and they all start barking. There is one family up the street whose dog would run out if I walked my dog on a leash, and that's why I quit walking my dog. They would call him back in right away and he went, but he had to run across the street to bark and sniff my dog and back across to go home. He could have been killed.

Walk your dog again.You shouldn't have to restrict your dogs exercise.
We had a neighbors dog who did that one too many times while I was leash training my dog.It's annoying.

One day I made a penny can.You take a rinsed out aluminum can.Put some pennies in it.Enough to make a good rattle.Tape the top closed with duct tape.

I made several just in case.
When that dog bothered us I rattled the can loudly and threw it at his feet.Scared the bageezies out of him.Stopped him in his tracks.It didn't happen again.It works great for when our dogs bark excessively when someone rings the doorbell.Now all we have to say is "I've got the can!" They stop.

Munky.

I was sound asleep. At 1:30 the kids across the street let their loudest firecracker go off right in the street next to our building. It woke me up with a start. My heart starting racing.

I understand setting of fireworks for the 4th. But this building is filled with 40 apartments of elderly residents. Most of them have heart problems. I am more surprised than upset. These kids are not really "kids." The are in their late teens, early 20's. They have been doing these fireworks every years since I have lived here. But never that light into the night. They usually stop by 11 p.m. Fireworks are illegal in this state. :angel:

Addie,
Do they live in an apartment? Call the management and make a complaint with them about it.I'm sure those kids parents would luv having the thought of an eviction notice looming if it happens again.

If it's a home.My kids pulled that stupid stunt I'd want you to come over and tell me.I'd most likely tell them"Pull that again and your going to be fighting some bum on the streets over a cardboard box.DUMB...!":mad:

Munky.

Addie,
Do they live in an apartment? Call the management and make a complaint with them about it.I'm sure those kids parents would luv having the thought of an eviction notice looming if it happens again.

If it's a home.My kids pulled that stupid stunt I'd want you to come over and tell me.I'd most likely tell them"Pull that again and your going to be fighting some bum on the streets over a cardboard box.DUMB...!":mad:

Munky.

No. They live across the street. They shoot off fireworks every year. And it is only for a couple of hours. That I don't mind. But this is the first time they have ever pulled a stunt like this. These boys are in their early 20's. If I see them when I am out on my scooter, I will mention it to them. :angel:

I'm waiting for Stirling to wake up so we can celebrate. It's our 17th wedding anniversary and I will definitely keep him.

Happy Anniversary Taxy.
We can help you wake Stirling up if you want.Say the word.We'll all get out the wooden spoons and copper pots start clanging them.
With the excuse ready...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Now giver her a little kissy..:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Munky.

Happy Anniversary Taxy.
We can help you wake Stirling up if you want.Say the word.We'll all get out the wooden spoons and copper pots start clanging them.

Munky.
Thanks. He woke up a few minutes ago, so it won't be necessary. :LOL:

Happy Anniversary Taxy.

Munky.

:LOL: I was gonna suggest she put us all on DC audio!

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Thankful It's Sunday

"Houdini" is going home.We can't wait.!

It's been rough around here for 2 days because of him.He got all relaxed showed us his true colors.His cuteness wore off.Were exhausted.

We bought him a collar that only saved him from our female dog who just wanted him dead."Miz,Snappy" You know, she's vicious.I think she hates men.:ermm:

He's been barking all night.Howling the most annoying howl I've ever heard.Nothing we tried would stop him.Hiked his leg all over my house.The owner told me he was house broke.I called her out on that."Don't you mean house broke to the outside?You could have fooled me"

Today's the day..Oh yeah, I might be cleaning and scrubbing everything down today.That's ok I'm fine with that.He won't be here keeping us all up tonight.Yessssss.:LOL:

Munky.

Glad you won't have to put up with annoying dog any longer. I wonder if she meant he didn't poop in the house. In my mind, if dog is house broken, it doesn't do either of them in the house (unless it knows how to use the toilet).

Glad you won't have to put up with annoying dog any longer. I wonder if she meant he didn't poop in the house. In my mind, if dog is house broken, it doesn't do either of them in the house (unless it knows how to use the toilet).

Trust me I'm doing the Happy Munky dance.They can't get here soon enough.Come pick him up.

She doesn't know anything about this dog.He was bought as a novelty for the kids, that they've outgrown, tossed aside.Outside.

I had to take a body guard with me just to go over and feed the rest of them.2 got into a fight.Had to turn the hose on them to break them up.Never again will I offer to help dog sit anyone's dogs.

Not my dog.Not my problem.

Munky.

Munky, sssooo glad I don't have to deal with that. I would be pulling my hair out.

Yeah be glad you don't.Let this be a lesson.
No good deed goes unpunished.It's a dog eat dog world out there.
Toss me a MilkBone.:ermm::ohmy::ROFLMAO:

Munky.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom